Dream Come True

Chapter 37

Jennifer

A few days had passed, I was staying at Nates until the grand opening,"That bitch thinks she can just steal your man! Try! I dare her to try. They had better not show up tonight!" Nate yelled.

I was starting to regret telling Nate. We had a lot of time to kill before the party. Currently, Michael, Kairi, Josh, Dani, Nate and I were sitting in Nates new apartment. It was a contemporary apartment with state-of-the-art appliances. The colors are neutral with black and white prints it had a very hip rock 'n roll character.

Josh still didn't know about all the illegal things we did. Nate wanted to keep it that way.

"Language! And really, I don't care. I said we were done. I meant it", I would cry later. Today was Nate's day. His dream was coming true and I wasn't going to mess it up. Adam and Gamila can wait.

I was ready to leave the conversation so I started getting Kairi and myself ready in the guest bedroom. I did Kairi's hair on the plane. She wanted a half-up half down with a fishtail braid. Her dress is a dark green tulle with a silk bow in front. My dress was a romantic light pink ball gown with scalloped lace edge with sophisticated lace over a luxurious tulle. The dress was timeless. Kairi left the room, she was a ball of energy today.

I sat at the vanity and did my make-up and hair. I decided to do a cat-eye with light brown eye shadow and red lips. For my hair, I did loose curls that hung long down my back.

"We're leaving! The President can't be late!" Josh yelled to me.

"Bye!" Kairi shouted back.

Michael walked in to the guest room with me and threw himself on the bed. As always he looked good in his tux," How much longer? You've had all day to get ready", he said.

"Good things take time. Plus, you love to make an entrance", I tossed back.

"Yes, I do. Tomorrow we can go down to Brighton", Michael said.

"Is that where you were born?" I asked, strapping on my gun and knife.

"What? I'm American same as you. I was born in New York just like Adam and Brandon", Michael said sitting up.

"But, your accent? Where did that come from?" I said.

"Nannies and boarding school", Michael said offended.

Knock knock

I didn't look back at the door as I put on my earrings, figuring it was Nate I said,"Forget something?"

"You look beautiful, love,"

I didn't turn around,"Why did you come?"

"Apparently, I own ten percent of the company", Adam said.

"No way you only gave him ten? Why do we have fifteen?" Michael shouted.

"Because you helped build it", I turned to look at Michael and said," You should get more". I got up ready to go. I finally looked to Adam, he looked tired, completely drained.

"What happen to you?" I said to Adam as I reached for Michael. He got up and hooked arms with me.

"Can we talk", Adam said.

"No, we're running late," I said.

"Give us a second, Michael", Adam said softy.

"Don't you dare leave", I shouted. Not knowing who to listen to Michael walked into the bathroom and locked the door.