Home

Chapter 16

Jennifer

Eleven hours later we arrived in Paris. Since, Michael and I were supposed to be dead the security team stuffed us into large duffle bags so no one could see us leave the plane. It was hard for Michael with his legs, but he manage to get inside. I did the same but in a suitcase. We had to stay that way until we made it to Main House. A security guard carried Michael and Nate carried me in the suitcase. Nate also had Belle.

This will be thing that makes me diet, once this is all over. Nate put me in the backseat of the car.

I unzipped a small portion of my suitcase to give me more air.

"Hey!" Nate said re-zipping the suitcase," None of that, we have to get you to Main House first!"

"Meeeowwww," Belle was agreeing with him.

Traitor.

Unzipping again I said," I won't make it to Main House if I can't breathe! Plus, the windows are blacked out!"

"I'm not risk a hair on your head. So, back in you go", and with that he zipped the suitcase again.

I yelled out,"It's hot in here!"

"Suck it up, bitch," Nate said slapping the bag. Michael was in a different car.

We made it to Main House. By the time I could come out I was cover in sweat. The house was empty. The team I send out, had moved on to the other houses, Adam owes.

Owed.

Past tense.

The house was dark and eerily quiet. We were in the carpark of the house. We had to check every level of the house, and hope Celine was here. I walked to Michael, with Nate, who was still in the car," We are going to check the house. We'll be right back, okay?"

"If we don't come back or you feel the need to GTFO go. We'll you meet back at the airport", Nate said," But, in the mean time hold Belle. She's likes you". Nate pushed the cat into his arm.

Liam walked up to me with the rest of his men," What do you want to do, ma'am". They were still battle ready.

"You are too, love",  Adam said leaning against the car.

"Right," I spoke to the room,"This house has secret entrances and hiding spots. Adam design it that way to keep the family safe in case of emergencies. We have to check them all floor by floor. This is a rescue and search mission. The previous team didn't find anything, but I chalk that up to the designer. If your handprints aren't in the system with the needed level clearance. You aren't going to find them. We go in quickly and quietly. Two with Michael the rest with me."

"You heard her lets move it," Liam commanded. They started to prepare.

I turned to Nate," Are you sure you want to come? You can wait with Michael, it wont hurt my feels".

"Yes, I stayed behind last time. I'm not leaving your side now", he said.

"OK, then. Are you still a good shot?" I asked.

"Since I was ten. Hunting season, was the only time my Dad liked me before he left. Sssssooo yes", he said.

I told Liam to give Nate and I a gun and a Kevlar Jacket. We got night vision goggles and a helmet too. When we were all geared up we. We moved into the house. Liam took point and the other men surrounded Nate and I. Nate walked in front front of me saying, literally over my dead body are they getting to you.