Chapter 2

"How long have I been asleep?"

I slowly started to open my eyes and started hearing beeping noises.

"Where am I?"

I was starting to get up, but fell back on a bed with a horrible pain on the side of my stomach.

Then I started to remember everything that happened in the arena. I thought that everything was a dream but realized it wasn't.

This place I was in was the hospital, not home.

Why me!? I thought to myself.

I started to be in the verge of tears, but I started to control myself.

"No Audrey! You have to be a strong girl! Don't show the world you're a weakling!"

All of a sudden the door opened, and a nurse came in.

When she saw me awake, her eyes widened and walked out immediately calling to a doctor.

"Doctor, she's finally awake!" And she ran back in and started to ask me questions.

"Do you need anything?"

"Are you in pain?"

"Do you ne-.."

She was cut off because the doctor came in and asked her to leave for a moment.

He turned to me and was about to say something but I cut him off.

"How long have I been out?"

The doctor looked down like he wasn't able to tell me, but he took a deep breath and said: "Audrey I'm sorry to say this but you've been in a coma, which was caused from the amount of blood you lost, but the coma caused you to be out for a month."

"What!?"

I can't believe this!

I've been out for month!

The incident in the arena felt like it was yesterday! I tried to hold in my tears, when the doctor got up.

"I'll leave you alone to rest alittle more, but I'll call your parents to tell them you're finally awake."

"Thank you!" I said and he left, leaving me alone in this huge room.

I slowly started to close my eyes. "Oh well, guess I should take a nap to ease the pain."

And with that I fell asleep

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up after a long nap and found the doctor standing at the foot of my hospital bed, looking worried and sad.

"Hi doctor! Are my parents here yet?"

He said nothing getting more sadder then ever.

"Doctor?" I said with my voice filled with fear.

"I'm sorry Audrey, but....your parents are dead!"