Forever Doesn't Last Forever 29

Chapter 29 (Welcome 'Home' Berkley)

~~~~ Dylan's POV ~~~~

Who would've thought I would be nervous to meet Berkley. But truthfully I am?! But I'm also really excited!

I didn't tell Scottland, Hayden or Adyson about who Berkley was, but I said that Berkley was a family friends son and I needed to take care of him for awhile.

"Berkley is just a family friend's son. They asked if I would take him for awhile because they're dealing with some things."

"That's really nice Dyl." Scottland said.

"Yeah man, you're going to do great."

"You have all of us if you ever need any help okay?"

"Okay. Yeah thanks guys."

"Of course dude." Hayden said.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~~~~ Hannah's POV ~~~~

I'm so nervous for Berkley to be with Dylan I don't even know why.

I've already talked to my dad about this and my mother and he's met Dylan and is very comfortable with the decision I made.

I can't let my low life, dead beat mother take the one thing that makes me smile and the one thing I love with ALL my heart. I just couldn't ever live with myself.

I know Berkley doesn't know what's going on, but he needs to be safe.

Dylan knows EVERYTHING literally, that's happened with my mom and he said and told my dad that he would do anything to keep Berkley safe.

He's met Berkley once and Berkley really liked him and is happy around him.

I know Dylan is nervous because I'm nervous and I'm the one leaving my beautiful brother with him.

I just need him to be safe from my mother.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~~AJ In Heaven and her thoughts~~

Someone needs to tell her what the truth is.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~~~~ Berkley Coming Home ~~~~

"Come on Berk!" I yell. "It's time to go see Dylan!!" I say.

He comes trotting down the stairs with his dinosaur backpack and elephant stuffed animal Aunt AJ gave him.

"Hehehehe" he said with a big smile on his face.

He's the happiest person I've ever met, he always makes me happy when I'm sad and he lights up the room.

We walk out to the car. I strap him in his seatbelt and start the car.

Suddenly I see my mom.

I start to drive really fast hoping she won't see me.

I don't think she did, SHIT! Why is she even here now? What does she plan to do, to try and get Berkley back?

She's such a bitch.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

~~~~ Dylan's POV ~~~~

I hear the door bell ring.

"Hey Dyl."

"Hey! Berkley!! What's up man?"

"Heheheheh" he said with a smile.

We all laugh.

"So here is everything. I wrote down the meds. he takes and when and how many. I know it's a lot but thank you so much."

"Hannah, of course. Well be okay."

"Okay come here Berk." She says putting her arms out waiting for him to hug her.

When his arms wrap around her, she starts to cry. Hannah really does need him and I'm happy to help.

"I love you Berkley."

"I luh you" he says softly.

"Okay I got to go. Thank you again Dylan."

"Of course."

She starts to walk out before she turns around and says.

"You can call me AJ." She said with a smile.

"I like AJ a lot better anyways." I say back.

She giggles and walks out.

•|||||||•||||||||•|||||||•||||||•|||||||•

~~~~ STILL DYLAN POV ~~~~

Here's to new beginnings with Berkley

Here's to my new friendship with AJ

Here's to starting over

Here's to loving this little boy with everything I have just like AJ does.

Crap.

Should I tell her I know he's her son?

Here's to confusion.