Chapter 9

Song: "Dramarama - Monsta X"

Decided to add 'Dramarama' because there's going to be some DRAMA(rama) hehe.

I wonder what's going to happen to poor (Y/N)...

Also the whole time you've been talking in Korean. You'll only be talking in English if I say.

---

Joy POV:

"JOY!!" she screams at me. A few people look at us with the 'WTF' face. How should I explain this to her...

"You should really consider i-"

"I. DON'T. WANT. TO. BECOME. AN. IDOL!" she stubbornly tells me.

"Is there a particular reason why though?" I ask, nervously.

"Other than the fact I have to hide myself in public, many! I have to wear fancy clothes and dance for people on stage. The clothes can be revealing. There's always strange fans. I might have death threats. And I'm not Korean anyway! I'm a foreigner! I don't want to have hate because I don't belong here. I can't even read Korean! Only you can! My talking is decent but not perfect! And what will I be in the group, the dancer, rapper, singer? Would I be the cute face of the group, the cute maknae with the best vocals in the group and always in the middle when dancing? Or the un-cute girl who likes memes and hates having makeup artists following around her and brushing powder on her face? I think the second one! I'll probably stand out too much, and bring bad luck to the group!" She gives me a whole speech. Hmm, I understand a bit more now though. I can see what she's pointing at.

"That's why we want you." The guy from earlier came up from behind.

"W-what do you want?" (Y/N) asks.

"Recently, girl groups in our country are filled with the same old same old. We wanted to try someone different. Joy has told me a lot about you, you seem talented. We're still deciding on if we think you should be a solo singer or a member of a group." He said. But we realised that there was more than one of them. Three people.

"Not to be rude, but uh, will you finally tell me who the heck you guys are?" She asks 'politely'.

"Bang Si-Hyuk, commonly known as PD Nim"

"Lee Soo-Man, SM Entertainment"

"Han Sung-Soo, Pledis Entertainment"

(Y/N) POV:

Well, I had three very important people in front of me. Nothing special, ahaha...

THEY WERE ALL THE REASON MY FAVOURITE BANDS WERE CREATED. Okay, (Y/N), calm down...

But these people, these VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE, who I call the three beautiful gods of wisdom and considered making a shrine for them, want to hire me. They want ME to become an IDOL in their country.

"Hi... I'm (Y/N)?" They just nod to my answer.

"Hello, since we are closest to SM's building, please come in here. We can talk more." Sihyuk says.

"Oh, and your friend can come if she wants." Sooman tells me. I smile at Joy.

We follow them into the building.

---

Me and Joy sit on wooden chairs and the three sit behind a shiny looking, dark wood desk. They relax into their big, poofy leather chairs. They had a bunch of papers scattered across the desk. I see some of them have my PERSONAL INFO. I bet it was Joy that gave them it. I still don't want to become an idol, but my best friend seems so keen in it.

"So," I say impatiently.

"Tell me about it."

---

After explaining to me about all the things I should know, the last thing they tell me leaves me dumbfounded.

"And finally, you may be wondering why us three are together. You'd probably expect us to be enemies in business." Sihyuk tells me.

"But, we decided to collaborate to find a new idol. Even our best girls are starting to get beaten by groups like BTS, EXO and SEVENTEEN and so. But, if we get rid of those boy bands, the fans would be absolutely furious! And we can't get rid of the less popular girl groups, because otherwise people will say that we only care about other bands. So-"

"..you want me to help shine a light on girls in the K-Pop industry?" I finish it for him.

"Yes, I guess that's a way to put it." Sooman says. Then there's some silent.

"Anything else I need to know?"

"Ah yes, you'll be living in a dorm with BTS, EXO and SEVENTEEN for a while." Sungsoo adds.

"Excuse me?" I'm confused. Absolutely confused. It sounds like my biggest dream, but what has this got to do with any of this?

"What has this got to do with anything else?"

"Well, you need to learn to become a good idol, of course! Besides, most girls would be very jealous of you..." Sihyuk tells me with a wink.

"Yeah, probably. But I'm not going to share bedrooms right? Also, wouldn't it be more correct to make me learn from girl groups?"

"Well, you are more of the manly type..." Sungsoo tries to say, but ends up getting a nudge and a glare from Sooman. I nod slowly and awkwardly.

"What type of music would I make?"

"Probably rap/hip-hop." Again, Sungsoo answered.

"Also, did Joy get a place to become a girl-group?" I smile at my friend as I ask it.

"Well, uh, she was going to become part of one, but we found someone el-" Sooman begins to explain but...

"If you want me to help you, you have to give Joy a place. Trust me, you won't regret it." The girl who looked depressed for a few seconds started to look better.

"Oh, fine. She can become part of one of our new groups, Red Velvet." Sooman replies, a bit frustrated. I hug Joy and she mouths a 'thank you'.

---

Joy POV:

I lie in my bedroom, but I can't sleep. Normally sleeping is my friend. Today, I'm just stuck here, awake. It's probably because I'm so excited! I get to be part of this new girl group called Red Velvet! I get to be Lead Vocalist (which I was aiming for) AND Lead Rapper! I have to get (Y/N) something for a thank you, without her I wouldn't be in this position! I should tell mum about it too, I'll video call her tomorrow.

I'll admit, I was a slightly jealous about (Y/N) getting to live with, what, about thirty attractive men? Actually, it's twenty nine, but never mind. Anyway, I WAS a bit jealous. But I know she isn't the 'slutty' type. Even if they do like her, she'll probably friend-zone them anyway. Besides, it's not like she's going to be with MY favourite bands. So, now, I feel happy for her. Very. We're both going to be IDOLS! Woo~!

---

How was today's chapter? I hope you enjoyed.

Who else can't wait to see what happens (Y/N)? *raises hand*

Also, don't worry, Joy won't become your enemy at any time in this book. She'll be a good character, who'll help you through out different situations.

Do you think any of the boys will 'fall' for (Y/N)? And if they do, will she only think them of friends like she normally does?

And will any of the boys become enemy to (Y/N)?