What's Next?

After crying and talking for hours i finally showed Cena around and her room she thanked me for buying the furniture and tv and insisted on giving me back the money but i refused it i helped her unpack she didn't have much because she wanted a fresh start i cleaned off that cheap makeup off her face and gave her fresh towels for her bathroom she got all cleaned up and passed out on the bed i let her sleep because she was exhausted her eyes were so puffy from crying she needed all the rest she could get. I went back down stairs only to find Laya waking up she looked more vibrant i guess that depressed look was her being tired. " hey pretty girl" i said while reaching to pick her up " you hungry ?" She nodded her head up and down I ordered some Chinese for all three of us i knew Cena would be hungry when she woke up i gave Laya a bath and put her in her pajamas and we ate and watched Netflix i put her in the bed next to her mother and i decided to go to Devon's house i know he was concerned about me brushing him off so early.

As i pulled up I noticed his driveway was full which was weird because i didnt recognize the 3rd car 2 of them were his but who did the other one belong to? it couldn't be nobody from his job because it was cheap compared to what they were driving an all white sedan ? Yeah no something was going on " fine I'll park in front his house no problem" i said under my breath i hopped out that car so fast and started banging on his front door fuck ringing the bell at this point. He opened the door and i pushed right past him and exactly what i expected a bitch was sitting on the couch "ummmm who you ?" I said asking home girl who was looking awful in that striped dress and Sandals she got from Walmart. She started giggling that alone was an invitation to take off on this bitch but i held my composure. "Yoooo chill out it's nothing like that she was just leaving" Devon said grabbing my arm. " Nah how all of a sudden when i pull up she was just leaving she look real comfortable to me" i said pushing his head back. " Look i dont know what's going on here but I'm not about to get involved with any domestic problems" couch bitch said. She picked up her little bag and started walking out so i slammed the door cause nobody was going anywhere without me knowing what's going on "there's no domestic problems let's all continue this meeting" i said as i walking over to the couch "listen Simone I'll talk to you later I'm gonna straighten this girl out and I'll talk to you in a few days". Devon said opening the door and shaking her hand. He turned and shook his head at me and walked towards the kitchen i followed him because he needed to answer my questions. "So ?" I said dropping my keys on his marble counter. " you think you deserve an explanation? What the fuck is wrong with you? That was a potential client." He said sipping his drink "Simone ? Simone? Was a potential client isn't that your ex ? And if she's a potential client why she doing house visits?" I could feel smoke coming out my ears right now! " yeah that's her that is my ex she's in a lawsuit involving her mother's slip and fall accident she needed to meet with me because she was in the area and i didn't want to drive clear across town to my office any more questions?" He said smirking " any more questions ? You deadass? I'm not buying it Devon i feel like that could've waited i feel like you could've texted me saying she was here something that just don't seem right at all and for you to be acting like it's nothing that's crazy to me what if i had my ex in my house like " he's helping me with homework" how would you feel?" I said folding my arms. "I wouldn't feel no way that's your decision" He was so nonchalant i felt like he didn't give a fuck i new he was nonchalant but not like this not towards my feelings. " wow okay!" I said while grabbing my keys and storming out his house I slammed his door so hard in hopes that the glass in the door broke but it didn't. Once i got in my car i couldn't stop crying like the tears kept streaming especially since he has yet to chase me or even text me when my phone buzzed i noticed it was an Instagram dm from Cree asking me to meet him a Waffle House he had to talk to me. "Fuck it" was all i said as i agreed and and drove straight there.