The Meeting

We arrived and the set up was beautiful as usual of course Greg was on my body he needed to back up cause I was in no mood for any niggas even Greg ass that kept brushing up on me he would be a cute sugar daddy but I had my own money I don't need nobody to trick on me. "Thanks Greg she appreciates the compliments" a strong masculine voice said from behind me. Greg nodded and moved away I'm guessing he was known for creeping on young girls. I giggled and said thanks I turned around just in time to catch the smile and the wink the same smile and wink from the parking lot at Lenix the other day I gave a slight smile as he walked away then I was gawking mouth wide open I was in shock he looked so fucking good it's crazy I had to catch myself and remember where I was. "Bitch what the fuck is wrong with you your mouth all open what you started drinking henny already?" Georgia asked handing me the passes we had to wear around our necks. "No I just seen a nice piece of chocolate I like, but speaking of where the henny at I been here five minutes and I still don't have a cup" we both laughed. We started walking and she filled me in on chocolate, "first off sis his name is not chocolate you know how you are you might fuck up and say that shit to him" she was so right I have done that before got into a couple fights in high school for that shit. "Okay my bad so fill me in" I know I am anti niggas right now but he sent a fire throughout my body I couldn't ignore and this is the second time I saw him that must mean something but I wasn't getting my hopes up too much because what are the chances of us ever hooking up I was just having fun at this point. "Okay Paris his name is Devon Richards he is second to the CEO of the company basically the second boss of the firm he's 26, mad young I know but that nigga is smart both street and business. I liked what I was hearing he was established something I wasn't used to. "Wow I think I'm in love" we both laughed and was seated within the same breath we sat at a round table with our names on it and extravagant center pieces I was reading the schedule and Georgia was up next I couldn't wait I grabbed her phone ready to record. "Congratulations Georgia I'm honored to be giving you an award for this category." Thanks Devon I'm honored to be receiving this award". Once I heard that name I directed my attention straight to him making eye contact for some reason we both couldn't look away it wasn't awkward it wasn't weird it felt natural I was wondering if he could feel exactly what I was feeling. Georgia picked up on it quick and she interrupted what felt like a 15 minute stare. " ooh my God I'm so rude Devon this is my best friend Paris" Georgia said awkwardly she was uncomfortable because she noticed the stare down as my bestie should. " Wow Georgia and Paris that's interesting both named from places you guys must be two peas in a pod" he said. the more he talked the more I was attracted to him he sounded like he was from the hood not the words he said but the way he formed them his jaw was so strong the diamond earrings he had in the bow tie the navy blue suit with black trimmings the way he licked his lips after every few words and the way he rubbed his hands together after he said that sentence. "Yes we are, and it's a pleasure meeting you Devon" I said while putting my hand out for a handshake. He gently took my hand and softly kissed the back of my hand I felt powerful after that my confidence felt higher so high I winked at him catching him off guard he bit the side of his lip and giggled as he walked toward the stage. "Bitchhhhhhhh what the fuck was that?" Georgia said under her breath so no one but me could hear her. "I was laughing because I was nervous I couldn't believe that shit myself. I just shrugged my shoulders because that was insane. But I couldn't focus on that because it was my besties time to shine. She was up there shining and I was clapping my ass off I didn't want to scream because you know this is a classy event and all after receiving her award she gave a lengthy speech and I hung on to every word ready to quote her in a future essay. But she lost me at the end of the speech when Devon started the staring contest again. Then she started thanking everyone and what knocked me back into reality was when she called me her support system and everyone turned toward me I smiled and waved I was like a proud parent. Pretty much the banquet was over and everyone was saying their goodbyes me and Georgia walked out hand in hand and Chris was standing at the bottom of the steps waiting for her with a bouquet of red roses in his work clothes I was in awe so I could only imagine how she felt I told them to take the maybach I'll call an Uber. She insisted that they wait until Uber came but I was fine she needed to enjoy every bit of this night and the Uber was 5 minutes away anyways. I was standing on curb looking for my suburban when Devon approached me.