Comfort

I sat on the bottom of my steps with my head in my lap I was so embarrassed like everything is ruined Cree ruins everything all I was trying to do was be happy. I sat there crying and Devon stared at me until he finally said something "Paris what's your story?" He said tilting my head up then stepping back waiting for me to answer I was so confused "what you mean?" I said through my tears "I need you to tell me your story where you from where you grew up about your parents I want to get to know you but first we got to get you cleaned up first." I got up and he followed me upstairs to my bathroom he told me to sit on the toilet while he cleaned me up I told him where everything was and he was so gentle for a man of his stature. "So start talking" he said while wiping blood off my lip "I don't know where too , well I'll start with I'm the youngest of 3 my oldest sister Rain is 37 she lives in London where she was born even though he she grew up in the states. My older brother Ricky is 28 and lives in Miami with his wife and my parents live here in Atlanta far away in an isolated area that they bought and built from scratch. One of the biggest houses in Atlanta. My dad does trade my mom specializes in fashion she travels the world non stop name a place I'm pretty sure she's been. That's how I got the name Paris". "You were born in Paris?" He said while putting a band aid over my eyebrow that nigga scratched me and busted my lip that's all he could've done with the blows I was throwing. "No, but I got that name because my mother said when she was pregnant she traveled to Paris and I seemed happy to be there". I said smiling "you weren't born yet" he said giggling "I know but my mom had complications with me while she was pregnant she could barely eat everything she ate made her sick her sugar levels were out of wack but when she went to Paris everything she ate she didn't throw up she didn't have premature contractions and I would move around a lot so she decided to stay in Paris for months until it got closer to her due date then she goes back to that states and have me, I know it's kind of crazy but my mother is very big on vibes and energy and she believes in following what you spirit tells you. "Well I agree with your mom, now tell me about what's up with that dude you just fought". He said and I let out a huge sigh and went into my bedroom and sat on the bed. "Come sit down" I patted a space next to me he took off his shoes and I explained everything to him he was giving me advice about how to deal with it he was telling me how he wanted to protect me from whatever was hurting me or posed a threat. I stood up "listen Devon I'm not trying to drag you into anything that's going to jeopardize your career or distract you, shit I'm not even used to shit like this. This isn't me I don't participate in these antics I guess I found love in the wrong place I appreciate your offer but that'll be asking to much from somebody I just met". He stood up and hovered over me forcing me to look into his eyes "I didn't ask what you wanted me to do I'm telling you I see something different in you it's them eyes I just feel like I need to protect you it's not even about that crazy nigga I see that you hurting and I want to help you fix that". When he said that all I could think was damn this feels good but I was still protecting my feelings we kissed and ended up cuddling in my bed and talking for hours until we fell asleep. Im guessing we slept all day because Georgia ass busted in my room like "bitchhhhh wake up and give me the tea". We both jumped up wiping our eyes I was like a deer in headlights "oh shit my bad yall" she said closing the door. "Oh yeah me and Georgia live together" I said with a half smile I guess I didn't tell him that part of "my story" I mean I know he didn't think I lived in this big ass house by myself and there are two cars on the drive way. He smiled and kiss my forehead and whispered "it's fine". I could tell he was ready to go,shit I was ready for him to go I had to give my bitch this tea. I walked him down stairs and he kissed my lips softly "So dinner tomorrow night?" He asked "I'd love to" I closed the door but like the creep that i am I watched him get in his car and drive off threw the frosted glass in my front door.