Mark Of The Undead Chapter 4(not edited)

Start from the beginning

the food. My mouth began to water as I sniffed deeply; spaghetti with garlic. I

got a glass of tea from Kim, and then followed her to the table where two other

people were already talking animatedly as they ate. Of course, the conversation

totally stopped when I joined them, which didn’t seem to faze Kim at all. 

As I slid into the booth opposite her she made introductions.

“Hey guys, meet my new room neighbor, Ariana. Ariana, this is

Shannon Brie,” she pointed to the ridiculously pretty black toned girl sitting on the other side of the table, “Shannon is the pretty one; she’s

funny, smart, and has more shoes and clothes than anybody I’ve ever known.” 

“Hey, Ariana,” Shannon said nodding her head in my direction. 

“This is Leo; he’s the genius among us,” Kim smirked. He had a smooth face that was totally zit free, and

dark brown, almost black, hair with chocolate colored eyes. He wasn’t what

people would call cute, but he was close to it. 

Just as Leo was about to say what I presumed was hey, a girl with seriously long red hair rushed up and with a big huff slid herself and her tray into the booth beside Kim.

“Okay, please! Just, please! Did nobody,” she stared pointedly at Shannon, “think to bother to wake me the hell up?” 

“I do believe I’m your roommate and not your momma,” Shannon yawned lazily. 

“Don’t make me-” 

Kim interrupted quickly, “Kells someone new is here. This is Ariana Duan. Ariana, this is Kelly Jules.” 

“Hi,” I said through a mouthful of spaghetti as Kelly turned from glaring at Shannon towards me. 

“So, Ariana, what’s up with your mark and the whole element stuff…are you like the chosen one meant to save all of us through her tremendous powers” she snickered rolling her eyes. Everyone at the table fell silent, shocked by Kelly’s question. 

She looked around, “What don’t pretend that every last one of you isn’t wondering the same thing.”

“We might be, but we are also polite enough not to ask or be rude about it,” Kim said.

“Oh please, spare me the holy act,” she shrugged off Kim’s protest turned back to me, “So, what’s up with it?”

 I shifted uncomfortably, “I honestly don’t really understand the whole deal with the elements or whatever it is, but about the mark I was told that my mother marked me before she died.” 

Everyone was still silent until Kelly said apologetically, “I’m so sorry; I tend to have a big mouth.” 

“Don’t be. I’m sure you didn’t mean it in a bad way,” I said trying to cheer her up, “Besides it doesn’t matter; I never met her, I murmured.”

 “I’m so sorry, Ariana,” Leo and Kim said in sync while Shannon squeezed my hand. Wow, I have really found actual friends on the first day!

****************************

 I got dressed into my workout clothes and walked out to meet Avan at the gym.

I couldn’t believe it when Mr. Williams called me to tell me I was behind on the school’s work and that I needed to start training with Avan.