The Beast Below Pt. 4

Amy and Mandy sit and watch while the Doctor and {Y/N} adjust the machinery. Children enter.

"Timmy! You made it, you're okay. It's me, Mandy" she runs up to a boy, a tentacle flails behind Mandy, then gently taps her on the shoulder. Amy watches as she strokes it.

"Doctor, {Y/N}, stop. Whatever you two are doing, stop it now! Sorry, Your Majesty. Going to need a hand" Amy drags Liz to the voting buttons.

"Amy, no! No!" the Doctor says, Amy pushes Liz's hand down on the Abdicate button, the Whale roars. Starship UK shakes briefly, causing panic.

"Amy, what have you done?"

"Nothing at all. Am I right?"

"We've increased speed," Hawthorne says.

"Yeah, well, you've stopped torturing the pilot. Got to help" Amy says.

"It's still here. I don't understand" Liz says.

"The Star Whale didn't come like a miracle all those years ago. It volunteered. You didn't have to trap it or torture it. That was all just you. It came because it couldn't stand to watch your children cry. What if you were really old and really kind and alone? Your whole race dead. No future. What couldn't you do then? If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind, you couldn't just stand there and watch children cry" Amy says looking at {Y/N} and the Doctor.

*Time skip*

"From Her Majesty. She says there will be no more secrets on Starship UK" Amy runs up to the two Time Lords holding out Liz's mask.

"Amy, you could have killed everyone on this ship" {Y/N} says quietly.

"You two could have killed a Star Whale."

"And you saved it. We know we know" the Doctor says.

"Amazing though, don't you think? The Star Whale. All that pain and misery and loneliness, and it just made it kind" Amy says.

"But you couldn't have known how it would react."

"You two couldn't. But I've seen it before. Very old and very kind, and the very, very last. Sound a bit familiar?" the Doctor and {Y/N} smile as they all hug "hey."

"What?"

"Gotcha."

"Huh. Gotcha."

*Time skip*

"Shouldn't we say goodbye? Won't they wonder where we went?" Amy asks.

"For the rest of their lives. Oh, the songs they'll write. Never mind them. Big day tomorrow" the Doctor says.

"Sorry, what?"

"Well, it's always a big day tomorrow. We've got a time machine. We skip the little ones" {Y/N} says.

"You know what I said about getting back for tomorrow morning? Have you two ever run away from something because you were scared, or not ready, or just, just because you could?" Amy asks.

"Once, a long time ago," the Doctor says.

"What happened?"

"Hello," the Doctor says gesturing.

"Right. Doctor, {Y/N}, there's something I haven't told you two. No, hang on. Is that a phone ringing?" Amy asks, the Doctor opens the TARDIS door and they all walk inside.

"People phone you?" Amy asks.

"Well, it's a phone box. Would you mind?" the Doctor asks as him and {Y/N} start fiddling around with the console, Amy answers the trim phone on the console.

"Hello? Sorry, who? No, seriously, who? Says he's the Prime Minister. First the Queen, now the Prime Minister. Get about, don't you two?"

"Which Prime Minister?" {Y/N} asks.

"Er, which Prime Minister? The British one."

"Which British one?"

"Which British one? Winston Churchill for you" Amy holds the phone out to the Doctor.

"Oh! Hello, dear. What's up?"

"Tricky situation, Doctor. Potentially very dangerous. I think I'm going to need you and {Y/N}."

"Don't worry about a thing, Prime Minister. We're on our way" the TARDIS dematerialises.

"In bed above, we're deep asleep, while greater love lies further deep. This dream must end, this world must know, we all depend on the beast below" the Starship UK travels on, with a w shaped crack in its side.

---

~Bread 🍞