Bass

Chapter 11:

Ivan's POV:

He was busy scanning the area while the kids are enjoying themselves to the rides.

He checked all the possible people who looked suspicious, as he made sure the things going smoothly safe for a while.

He sighs.

It's like he's been holding it.

Not because they went out and he's nervous, it's because he's thinking things after what he'd overheard earlier from Francine and Felicity's conversation...

"....What do you mean, Ivan is making a move?" He paused on his tracks upon hearing his name.

He was about to go out and give them privacy when he heard Felicity's voice again.

"Ivan likes you" he heard Felicity says.

He had the intent on leaving them but his feet were like glued.

He was so curious..not because he's wanting to have a piece of their conversation but to have a piece of Francine's mind.

"So naging tagapag reto na kayo?" Francine said.

An ache creeping into his chest, her voice was filled with sarcasm as if she doesn't want to have any acquainted with him.

Like he's not wanted...

He closed his eyes shut tightly.

"Gusto ko lang kasing may makakasama ka" he heard Felicity's.

So Felicity likes him now for his sister?

There's a gnawing pain cooking inside him as he thought, Felicity now like him for Francine, but Francine herself doesn't.

"Alam mong ayokong mag asawa" Francine replied.

He froze.

She didn't want to have a husband? Then...a family too?

Why? That's the only word that is keeps on popping inside his head.

"Kailangang mo iyon--"

"At si Ivan ang pinili niyo?" He heard Francine says, the way she said it...

What's happening inside me? He said on his thoughts and he held his chest like it's going to be ripped apart.

Francine doesn't want me.

He wanted to shout.

"Yes, because I saw how he look at you" he heard Felicity again.

He smiled bitterly.

"Hindi mo alam kung ano ang tumatakbo ng isip ng isang tao, ate" Francine sneered.

"Bakit? Wala ka bang tiwala sa kanya?" Felicity asked.

"Wala akong tiwala sa lalaki..alam mo' yan"

Trust on men?

"Hindi--"

"Tama na ate" Francine said and drops the video call.