Home

Elentiya had spent a year a in Torre Cesme (trying to avoid the palace if only because she liked anonymous), and as promised was returning home. She could already smell the pine and snow, feel the winds that seemed to only exist in Terassen. She was happy to be back, which surprised her. Since Riki, she had worked harder for longer, falling into bed too exhausted to dream then awakening at dawn and working relentlessly. Xenia was different to both Eleri and Riki. She talked only when necessary, working with Elentiya silently but efficiently. And they had been working together a lot of the time. If they had spare time, they would go down into the slums (Yrene had visited two months ago, giving them the idea) and heal those who could not make their way up to the Torre. 

Secretly, Elentiya hoped that she would be able to take the tests that would make her a full healer next year. She knew she was young, but she also tried hard. She had progressed quickly. She could be lucky. The coast came into view, and she realised that she had missed it, if only in dreams. The beautiful, majestic mountains. The scent. Aelin and Rowan. 'Leri...

She shifted and took off from the  boat, letting her instinct guide her. Gods, she'd missed this. She swooped downwards until her wings were skimming the waves. She had missed the wildness of Terassen too. The freeness. She just... let go. Let the fire trail out behind her from every feather. Let the flames dance among the waves.