The Beast Below Pt. 3

"The Doctor and {Y/N}. Old drinking buddies of Henry Twelve. Tea and scones with Liz Two. Vicky was a bit on the fence about you two, wasn't she? Knighted and exiled you both on the same day. And so much for the Virgin Queen, you bad, bad boy" {Y/N} looks at him.

"I had no part in that, ok," he says, she nods smiling "you better not be thinking what I think your thinking."

"You'll just have to find out, Doctor."

"Liz Ten."

"Liz Ten, yeah. Elizabeth the Tenth. And down!" she turns, they duck, and she shoots the repaired Smilers again "I'm the bloody Queen, mate. Basically, I rule."

*Time skip*

"There's a high-speed Vator through there. Oh, yeah. There's these things" Liz points to, tentacles beating at the grating "any ideas?"

"Doctor, {Y/N}, I saw one of these up top. There was a hole in the road like it had burst through like a root" Amy says.

"Exactly like a root. It's all one creature, the same one we were inside, reaching out. It must be growing through the mechanisms of the entire ship" {Y/N} says.

"What, like an infestation? Someone's helping it. Feeding it. Feeding my subjects to it. Come on. Got to keep moving" Liz says as she and Mandy leave.

"Doctor? {Y/N}?"

"Oh, Amy. We should never have come here" the Doctor says.

*Time skip*

{Y/N} and the Doctor carefully step over the glasses that were on the floor.

"Why all the glasses?" {Y/N} asks.

"To remind me every single day that my government is up to something, and it's my duty to find out what," Liz says.

"A queen going undercover to investigate her own kingdom?" the Doctor says picking up her mask.

"Secrets are being kept from me. I don't have a choice. Ten years I've been at this. My entire reign. And you've both achieved more in one afternoon."

"How old were you when you came to the throne?" {Y/N} asks.

"Forty. Why?"

"What, you're fifty now? No way" Amy says.

"Yeah, they slowed my body clock. Keeps me looking like the stamps."

"And you always wear this in public?" the Doctor asks.

"Undercover's not easy when you're me. The autographs, the bunting."

"Air-balanced porcelain. Stays on by itself, because it's perfectly sculpted to your face."

"Yeah? So, what?"

"Oh, Liz. So, everything" a division of Winders enter the room.

"What are you doing? How dare you come in here?"

"Ma'am, you have expressed interest in the interior workings of Starship UK. You will come with us now."

"Why would I do that?" the man's head turns to become a Scowler.

"How can they be Smilers?" Amy asks.

"Half Smiler, half human" {Y/N} says.

"Whatever your creatures are, I am still your queen. On whose authority is this done?"

"The highest authority, Ma'am."

"I am the highest authority."

"Yes, ma'am. You must go now, Ma'am."

"Where?"

"The Tower, Ma'am."