1. My Birthday Gift is A-?

William 🔝

"All I wanted for my birthday was a new car or maybe a few new pairs of shoes." I shake my head as I look at the thing they call a 'gift'. "But no. You brought me a human for my birthday present."

My parents smile, resulting in this person to smile too. Probably because he has no idea what we are saying and has the expression of what a child makes when they learn how babies are made. Dumbfounded.

"You needed a brother. Right?" My father asks, patting this guys shoulder as he flinches at the touch. Even though he's a giant and looks like he has more muscle than me.

"Yes, but I meant you two lock yourselves in a room and you get in my moms hatchback!" I explain, and my mom gasps at my words. Father chuckles, shaking his head.

"Not at our age. Too old."

"You're never too old to have sex. Tell that to Mick Jagger." I snort, and they shake their heads.

"No way. Not that we have time to arrange that, but you need a sibling. And so for your birthday, we brought you one-."

"No, you bought one-."

"Wrong answer! He's more like a..." My mom looked up at the guy as he examined the house as if it was a castle." Exchange-student-who-will-be-your-brother."

I roll my eyes, standing up from my seat. Realizing this dude was taller than me and it pissed me off.

"What a mouthful." I hiss, and she grins.

This is what happens when you have parents that think their money can get them anywhere. I mean, it has, but they think buying things will give people happiness.

It does. But I like things I will use and enjoy. Like a car, yacht, maybe a house, or something! They took it too far with a living, breathing human being. Almost like-.

"A dog." I spat, the guy cocking his head and my parents glare at me. "What is this? You bring him here like he's a dog! You forgot the cage, the pads, and the kibble. But one things for sure, I'm not cleaning his shit!"

"William Alexander Moretti Jr!" Father growled, and I sighed. The guy looking frantically between my mom and father.

My mom pats his arm, mumbling something to him as he has to bend his back forward for her. Whatever she whispered in his ear he came back up smiling the weirdest smile I've ever seen.

It was too bright. Like whenever people are selling things in the mall and some of them smile like freaks, thinking smiling like that will make people want to come to them. No thanks. That's what he looks like. Just...where's the overly-expensive fidget spinners and knock-off Yeezys?

"Name is Arthur Louie Martin and from France. Hello." He nodded. His accent thick as hell and annoying me.

I looked to my mom, a stupid smile on her face that was saying 'This is all gonna be peaches and cream and perfect!' No the hell it is not! The peaches are rotten, the cream is spoiled, and there's no such thing as perfect... Except me.

"Do you know English?" I emphasize my last word, his head cocking, then he quickly nodded.

"I know, I know, English. Little." He pinched his fingers to show that tiny space that was saying he knew nothing. He knows a penny thick worth of English.

"We were hoping you would-."

"Never." I interrupt, shaking my head.

I am the captain of my football team and I have lots of things going for me. The college recruiters are coming soon and I know that I'm on their list.