Sick

A/N So.. this is very much fluff. Fluffy goodness here. I needed something to cheer me up because of all the angsty fics lately T^T. Hope you enjoy.

It all started when Nico woke up at four in the morning, feeling warm acid rising up his throat. He threw aside Percy's arm, which was dangling off his torso lazily, and bolted to the bathroom before releasing the bitter substance into the toilet. After he disposed of all the vomit in his body, his stomach racked painfully from having nothing else to expel, yet he was still gagging, retching, and groaning from the disgusting taste of the bitter fluid. His throat burned as he flushed the toilet and washed his face off in the sink.

As he looked at his reflection in the silver glass over the sink, he saw his flushed face and eyes dull from exhaustion before meeting Percy's concerned, yet tired, eyes in the mirror.

"You okay?" Percy asked him, rubbing one of his tired eyes with the heel of his hand. His hair was disheveled from sleep, but he looked adorable in Nico's opinion.

"Percy, what are you doing up?" Nico ignored his question. "You should be getting some rest. You have work in the morning—"

Percy frowned. "You're throwing up. Don't worry about me. I'll call in tomorrow."

"Percy, you don't have to do that—"

"No, I'm going to call in so I can take care of you," Percy interrupted.

"I can take care of myself, really." Nico gave him a persistent look.

Percy did not usually get on Nico's case like this. He knew that Nico was fully capable of taking care of himself, but as Nico being sick is one of the scenarios Percy won't back down from an argument, he wouldn't let Nico win this one.

"I know you can," Percy smiled at him. "But you're sick, and you need to lie down. I'll just stay with you and get you things when you need them. It's not as if I'm going to let you do everything on your own."

"I'm not exactly sick—"

"You just threw up. You're sick." Percy reached out to grab Nico's hand and lead him to their bedroom.

"Perseus, I'm fine," Nico told him, swatting his hand away.

He tried to walk on his own but suddenly felt nauseous and would have toppled to the floor if Percy wasn't there to catch him. He gave Nico that one look that silently said, "I told you so."

Nico sighed and let Percy carry him to bed, curling into his warmth. He let Percy set him down on the bed, pulling the covers up to his chest.

He felt Percy's warm hand rest upon his forehead before pulling away.

"You're hot," Percy said. "You probably have a fever."

Nico groaned as he felt his stomach clench and ache.

"Any aching or anything?"

"My stomach. I'm cold, too."

Percy nodded and lifted the blankets, settling under the covers and placing his arms in their rightful place around Nico.

"I love you. Thanks for taking care of me," Nico murmured, shifting on the bed closer to Percy's warmth.

"Love you too, Nico Kitten," Percy responded, giving Nico a peck on his temperate forehead.

It wasn't long until both of them fell asleep.