Grocery Shopping

"Strangolapereti? What the fuck is strangolapereti?"

Nico cursed to himself as he went down the different isles, searching for that one missing item on the list. It seemed that he was walking around for hours, searching for strangolapereti, whatever the hell that was.

When Nico came home for spring break, he did not expect he'd be spending the entirety of it in a grocery store, looking for something he'd never even heard of. Was it pasta? Probably, because in Italian, it meant preacher strangler.

"What a lovely name," Nico thought grimly.

Despite complaining to himself and just wanting to go home, he was just too stubborn to ask for help.

"No, not in this area," Nico groaned, scanning the pasta isle one more time before running into an employee and making him drop all the cans in his hands. "Oh, I'm sorry."

The man Nico ran into looked over at him before bending over and picking up the cans he dropped. "Oh, no, I'm sorry for getting in your way."

"It's fine, it was my fault," Nico told him, setting down his basket full of the things his mother sent him to get and beginning to help him pick up the cans.

The man looked up at Nico, and once he did, the whole store became silent. Nico had never seen anyone with prettier eyes in his entire life. They were a sea green that could in no way be natural, but they still were stunningly beautiful. The greens mixed with the blues that created what was now Nico's favorite color. His own eye color, which looked like dirt to him, looked absolutely awful compared to this stranger's eyes.

"Um, sir?" the other male called. "Sir? Are you alright?"

Nico shook out of his trance, realizing he was staring creepily at him.

"Oh, s-sorry, I got lost," Nico told him, causing the other to raise a skeptical eyebrow. "I-in thought."

"That's okay," the taller man told him, accepting the cans Nico weakly offered him. Oh, was his voice like heaven to Nico. "It happens to everyone."

"Y-yeah," replied Nico, his cheeks turning pink. "I-" he cleared his throat awkwardly. "I guess it does."

Percy chuckled a little. "Do you need any help finding something?"

Nico didn't pay attention to anything the older boy said to him, but instead looked for his name tag.

"Percy," Nico muttered. His name had a nice ring to it.