The phone call (Sixty-nine)

Teddy PoV

I had been pacing up and down the flat since about 2 O'clock in the morning, because Georgie wasn't back from a party yet, you could have just said that he was just being a teenager and shit, but Georgie was usually back by 1 O'clock at the very latest.

It was now 5 O'clock in the morning, Jack was just getting up for work, because he was organised like that and not an insomniac like me.

"Hey Handsome"
"Hey Babe"
"So how long have you been awake for?"
"What would you say if I said that I actually haven't slept yet"
"Teddy you've been awake for-"
"25 hours, yeah, yeah I know, but it's hard to sleep when you know somebody should be back home by now-"
"Georgie's not back then?"
"No, he's not back yet"
"You should go to bed for a couple hours"
"I wouldn't sleep so there's no point in me attempting to go to bed to try and sleep"

My phone then rang, and I was ready to yell at Georgie for being so irresponsible, but it wasn't Georgie that was on the other end of the line.

"Is this Theodore Addams, the legal guardian of George Addams?"
"Yes, it's me, where is he?, is he aliv-"
"He's in the hospital, he was beaten up pretty badly while on the way home from a party or something"
"Shit, I'll be there as soon as I can"

I hung up the phone, feeling bad about wanting to yell at Georgie, but I talked myself out of that state of mind quickly before I dwelled on it too much.

"Georgie's in hospital"
"Wait what happened to him?"
"He got beaten up on the way home from a party"
"Shit, you go see if he's ok"
"What about the kids?, you're going to work in a couple of hours an-"
"I'll pull a sickie, now you go to the hospital before I drag your arse there myself"
"I love you, you know that, right?"
"Yeah I know that Teddy, I love you too"

So I kissed Jack, I then ran to get on the earliest tube I could get and raced to the hospital.

"I'm the legal guardian of George Addams, I was told that he was here"
"Yes, he's just on your left in room 12"
"Thanks"

So I went to room 12, and then walked to the bed that Georgie was in.

"Teddy"
"Georgie"
"I'm sorry for worrying you an-"
"Hey, none of that, you don't need to apologise for that, it's my job to worry about you as your legal guardian, speaking of which, what the fuck actually happened?, do you even remember?"
"Yeah I kind of remember, I was beaten up because I'm gay"
"Who did this to you?"
"Simon"
"Oh Georgie, I'm so sorry-"
"No"
"What?"
"If I'm not allowed to apologise for something I didn't do then you're not allowed to do it either Daddyo, you don't need to apologise for somebody else's actions"
"Ok, I get that, though you know that you're not allowed to walk home on your own ever again-"
"Not even when I'm 75-"
"Especially when you're fucking 75 kiddiwink, you know that the fucking little shit's around here don't care about your old, young or blind"
"It's not like you'd be much protection because you will be 80-"
"But I'll be a scary looking 80 year old with half of my snake bite piercing missing and my old faded tattoos, both professionally done and done by stick and poke, you on the other hand would just be an old man with a cardigan and a walking stick"
"What if I got some tattoos-"
"I'm not telling you that you can't get any tattoos when you're an adult but you are absolutely terrified of needles Georgie boy"
"Fuck you and your smart arsey Teddy"
"I think you stole my line-"
"Again, yes I know that, but that just means that you're quotable"

I actually snorted at what Georgie said, because it was actually funny, but then I felt bad because we were in the bloody hospital, which isn't really that happy of a place with all the dying and shit.

"Teddy"
"Yeah Kiddo?"
"Do you know who called 999?"
"No Georgie, I don't, I just got told that you were here after being beaten up"
"Oh, well I was kinda hoping that I could've thanked them-"
"I know Kiddo, I know"
"Teddy"
"Yeah Georgie"
"Am I going to die?"
"No Kiddo"
"Are you sure about that Daddyo?"
"Yeah Georgie, I'm sure that you're not gonna die"
"Thank God, wait we're not religious-"
"It doesn't matter Georgie-"
"But it kinda does matter because if an atheist says thank God then-"
"It's probably the fact that Nana was religious is the reason why we still say it"
"That makes sense"