RIP Nana (Fourty-two)

Teddy PoV

Nana died that night, I got a phone call from the hospice at 9 o'clock at night, even though I knew that she was dying for a while, (cough, cough, 7 whole years, cough, cough), it doesn't make it any easier or hurt any less.

"Bambina, come here a minute"
"Ok, Daddy what's wrong?"
"Nana's dead baby"

We both started to cry, and I pulled Ro into a hug since both of us needed one.

"I want Nana back"
"I want her back too Baby, but it doesn't work that way"
"Can I sleep with you tonight Daddy?, 'cause I don't wanna sleep on my own"
"Me neither Sweetheart"

It was the next morning, the feeling in the air was still very emotional, when the doorbell rang, so I answered the door.

"Meg, what the fuck do you want from me now?"
"To see Rowan"
"Ah, change of heart I see"
"What the hell do you mean Teddy?"

I wasn't in the mood for Megan's bullshit, (not that I ever was in the mood to deal with Megan's bullshit, but I was in an even worse of a mood to be dealing with it), so I cut to the chase.

"You have 5 seconds to explain why Ro heard you call her a lousy kid"
"Shit she heard-"
"What the fuck do you mean? 'Shit she heard', why is her hearing it more worrying to you then the fact that you actually think that about your Daughter, for fuck's sake Megan you're not supposed to think that about your child, let alone fucking saying it to someone about your child, you fucking dipshit"
"That's real mature Teddy"
"Does it really look like I'm in the fucking mood to be mature?"
"It would help me out if you were mature Teddy-"
"Fuck you and your fucking stuck up Bitch ways-"
"You're not helping-"
"I'm not supposed to be helping you, and regardless of you want me to help you or not, I don't give a shit, no honestly I don't care about your problems, the only thing that I care about that has anything to do with you at this moment in time is making sure my daughter is happy, which is why it would help me a lot if you thought before you spoke around our daughter, or better yet don't even fucking come back if you're not fucking ready to be her mother!"
"Look, I didn't think, ok"
"No shit Sherlock!"
"Stop getting angry at me Teddy!"

Megan was getting on my bloody nerves, which is probably why I reacted the way I did, ok, also I was angry at Megan for saying what she said about our daughter.

"No, I won't, do you wanna know why?, because you keep hurting our daughter, and I'm fucking sick of it!, it's not like you care, because you've made it abundantly clear that you don't care-"
"Teddy I'm so-"
"I am not finished yet!, you have the nerve to come back like nothing happened!, I'll reiterate what I said to you before you fully knew Ro, she's not a toy that you can break just to fix it again, she's a little girl, my! little girl, and yet you still proceed to break her little heart, how fucking dare you!, Nana died yesterday so I'm totally in the wrong fucking mood for dealing with this shit!"
"I am so sorry-"
"Please don't fucking say that, that doesn't help anybody that has actually lost a loved one, so please don't say that"
"Teddy-"
"Also, the only reason why you were eventually in Ro's life was because your fucking Mother doesn't know how to not stick her fucking nose into shit that has nothing to do with her-"
"Are you saying that I'm bratty?-"
"No, you said that, I called your Mother nosey, don't fucking put words in my mouth"

Ro sleepily walked over to the front door to see where I was, I had the door in a way that it was purposely positioned so that Ro couldn't see Megan and vice versa, because I couldn't deal with the emotional consequences of that happening at that time.

"Good morning Daddy"
"Good morning Sweetheart, how are you feeling?"
"I feel sleepy"
"Ok Buba"
"Daddy"
"Yeah Baby"
"I'm hungry"
"I'll fix you some breakfast in a minute Sweetheart, ok"
"Ok Daddy, who's at the door?"
"Nobody important Baby, ok"
"Ok Daddy"
"Good girl, look, I gotta go"

I gently shut the front door, which was an achievement for me then, because I had been slandering the door in Megan's face, which is actually a lot more satisfying, but I didn't need questions from the neighbours.

"How do pancakes sound?"
"Yes please"
"Can you get Uncle Georgie for me please Baby"
"I can do that Daddy"
"Good"