Baby Mama Drama (Eleven)

Teddy PoV

It was a Saturday morning, I remember that because I wasn't in college that day (thank God!), Ro wasn't in school either, and Saturday's are forever pyjama mornings in my head, (though while we didn't go to the teen parents group anymore, we still saw Jade, Chloe, Jack and Sophie on a Saturday afternoon).

Anyway, so Ro and I were watching cartoons on Cartoon Network (or something like that), 'cause cartoon mornings are cool and shit, when there was a ring on the doorbell at the bloody front door, which rarely happened at this point in time because the doorbell was fucking shit.

Mum answered the door, because it was her house, and, well, Megan, my baby mama, was at the door, my face instantly darkened, because I didn't need that shit at this point in my life, (or ever).

"Hello there Teddy"
"Megan, why are you here?"
"I want to be a part of Rowan's life"
"Are you sure about that Megan?"
"Are you doubting my intentions here Teddy?"
"To be perfectly fucking honest with you, I don't know what to fucking think right now about your intentions Meg, but what I do know is that I don't want to raise Ro's hopes up and then you decide that you're not ready for the responsibility of motherhood and leave again like you did the day that Ro was born, look, you don't have to deal with the consequences of you shattering her hopes, because you'd be the one that leaves, but I do-"
"Teddy, I get it, I really do and I know that I don't have a great history with sticking to my decisions-"

I feel my blood starting to boil, because Megan was just making excuses for not being Ro's Mum so that she could get her way, which rubbed me up the wrong way.

"No shit Sherlock"
"But I don't know what it's like to be a parent-"
"And you made that fucking decision, nobody else made that decision for you, because you are a grown arse woman Megan, Rowan is not a shiny new toy that you can take apart for the fun of it Meg, yes I know that it's hard for you to fathom this but she's a little girl who doesn't need to know the bullshit games that you play on people emotions for fun because it would lead to her being fucking devastated, and I as her father will not let that happen"

Megan's jaw clenched, probably because I hit some hard fucking truths, not that I gave a shit, because my daughters happiness was on the line, and her happiness is my biggest priority and not the feelings of a woman who has hurt many a person.

"You make it sound like I'm some cold hearted bitch Teddy"
"Well, you were the one that left our 2 month premature daughter in the fucking hospital to die Megan" my voice cracking as I said it since I was near tears.

"Look, I was only sixteen Teddy"
"What about me, I was only fourteen Meg, actually not even fourteen because my birthday was a week after that, you know"
"I know Teddy"
"So what changed your mind after three years then?"
"I, uh, I, (Sighs), I couldn't tell you Teddy"
"So you could very easily change your bloody mind again, (whispers 'fuck me'), look you can't just waltz in and out of Ro's life whenever you feel like it Meg, because that's not how parenting works, so you can fuck off now"

I slammed the fucking front, temporarily forgetting that Ro was watching cartoons in the sitting room which was next to the front door.

"Daddy, are you ok?"
"(Whispers 'shit') Yeah Bambina, I'm ok"
"Who was at the door?"
"Nobody that you need to worry about Baby girl, ok?"
"Ok, do you want a hug Daddy?"

I picked Ro up and went back to the position in the living room that we were in before Megan came.

"Yeah, of course I want a hug from my special girl, you give the best hugs"
"I do?"
"Yeah Baby, you do"
"You want a 'issue?"
"No Buba, I don't want a tissue, thank you for asking me though"
"You sure Daddy, you cwying"
"I'm what"

So I put my hand on my face and low and behold, it was wet from me crying, which shocked me a bit because I thought that I had blinked them back inside my eyes.

"Oh, it seems like I am crying after all Sweetheart"
" 'issue?"
"Yeah Baby I'll have a tissue"

You would've thought that a three year old giving you a tissue would mean that your eye almost got taken out, but that wasn't the case with Ro, she remembered how I would do it for her.