Georgie's GCSE's (Fifty-four)

Teddy PoV

Georgie was studying his arse off for his GCSE's, though what had been worrying me about him studying so much was that he was doing it at 2 o'clock in the fucking morning, which scared me a little bit, because I didn't want him to burn out on me, also he usually slept like a rock unlike my sleep schedule.

"Hey Georgie, are you ok?"
"Yeah, why wouldn't I be ok Teddy?"
"Ok I'm going to rephrase that, you're doing coursework for your GCSE's at 2 o'clock in the fucking morning Georgie boy, which is very much unusual for you and it's not healthy for anybody"
"Hey!, don't be so hypocritical Teddy, you stayed up later that this doing your bloody GCSE's Teddy"
"Yeah I know that Georgie but that was because I had a 2 year old Ro to look after, so I had no other choice but to stay up late into the night if I wanted decent fucking results, which I did so that I could actually give Ro a better life than we had, you know, in result of doing as such is that now I have an insomniac sleep pattern, (sighs), are you struggling Georgie boy?"

Georgie shrugged his shoulders, he just looked so fucking defeated, I guess I hit a bit of a sore spot with him, and that didn't sit right with me but Georgie answered before I could him ask any further questions.

"But what could you do for me if I was struggling Teddy?"
"Oh I don't know, maybe I could help you, I could get you help in school, I could give your teachers a fucking earful for not explaining this important shit to you, the list goes on you know"
"But I just feel so fucking stupid"

I crossed my arms to try and get Georgie to understand that he wasn't stupid, I still don't know to this day if it actually worked or not but I tried.

"George Harold Addams!"
"Oh shit, this is actually serious Teddy"
"You don't say Georgie, anyway, you're not fucking stupid!, you're anything but fucking stupid!, I would've actually killed to have your smarts when I was your age!"
"Then how the fuck did you get the hang of it then Teddy?"
"Well selling your soul to the Devil definitely helps one out a lot, ya know"

My attempt at humour seemed to help the mood, but then at this point we were both tired as fuck, so it was probably just tiredness that made me funny.

"(Laughs), I know that Ro wouldn't have allowed you to do that though Daddyo"
"No no, I guess not, I found having notes from each class helped me out a lot Georgie"
"That actually makes a lot of sense Teddy"
"I do actually make sense from time to time Georgie boy, now go to bed and try to get some sleep now, alright?"
"I still have coursewor-"
"I'm not arguing with you about it George"
"Alright, alright, Jesus Christ you're pushing today Daddyo, look I'll try, but I'm not promising anything"
"To try is all I'm asking you"
"Also has anyone told you that you're scary as shit when you're angry at people Teddy?"
"I mean I been told a couple of times but it's nice to hear every now and again, ya know"
"No, not really Teddy, that would totally crush me-"
"(Snorts), and you wonder why I can't take you seriously sometimes Georgie"
"Oi!, that is so rude Teddy, but anyway good night Daddyo"
"Good night Kiddo, do you want me to tuck-"
"No thank you sir, wait, shit, I didn't mean to say sir, I meant to say Daddyo"
"(Snorts), Jesus Christ just go to bed Georgie boy"
"Ok"

So Georgie went to bed, I on the other hand, couldn't get back to sleep so I made myself a cup of coffee, because I gave up on sleeping properly a while ago, I know I know I know, I don't really do what I preach, but I prevented Georgie from starting my shitty sleep schedule, because I care about my not-so-little-but-still-little brother.

An hour later I checked in on Georgie, and I saw that he wasn't asleep, so I asked him a question or 2.

"Hey Kiddo, since it seems like you won't sleep tonight, do you want a cup of tea?"
"Yes please Teddy"

So I made us both a cup of tea and sat us both on the couch, Georgie then asked me a question.

"Teddy, what if I fail my GCSE's?"
"You won't fail them-"
"But what if I do?"
"Then you just retake them, but you won't fail them Kiddo"
"How do you know that?"
"Because if I didn't fail my GCSE's then you won't fail them"
"And what exactly are you saying?"
"That I'm not exactly the smartest person-"
"If I'm not allowed to say that then you're not allowed to"
"Ok Georgie, I won't say that again"