Chapter 28

"Daddy, Mummy, wake up!!" I heard Lou's little voice from the doorway before I felt him clamber up onto the bed and jump onto Harry. He gave a grunt in response to being jumped on, he still wasn't a morning person.

"It's Christmas, Santa's been daddy, look!" Lou continued to jump on Harry until he sat up and tickled Louis until he surrendered, giggling in a heap.

I slipped on Harry's jumper and swung Louis off the bed, placing him on the floor after spinning him around in a circle.

Obviously we had had a little baby boy and stuck to our word. Louis James Styles. Louis for obvious reasons and James after Niall's middle name. It was Liam's middle name too which was an added bonus. Louis was 4 now and was the spitting image of Harry and I put together. He had the same curly hair as Harry but slightly lighter in colour like mine. His eyes shone the exact same emerald green as Harry's and he was just as beautiful in every way.

Harry followed me, wrapping his arms around my waist as we walked into the living room where Louis was jumping about along with Euston who was just as worked up, his tail wagging uncontrollably as he bounded up to greet us good morning.

"Can I open Santa's presents mummy, look I was a good boy!" Louis squealed, the excitement on his face was an absolute picture and I honestly thought he might explode if I made him wait until after breakfast to open the presents!

"Go on then!" I said ruffling his curls. We all sat around him on the floor, Harry's arms wrapped around me as he played with the ring on my finger. We'd decided to hold off the wedding until later on, we knew we loved each other and that was enough. Plus things were going so well with both our music careers we didn't want to think about planning a wedding just yet.

I had met with Ed's manager the Monday after Harry's 21st and they heard me sing and signed me that day! I worked with Ed a lot and had toured with him a couple of times since then, it was a dream come true and I felt so incredibly lucky.

Louis ripped open the big present sitting in the middle of the room and the little red bike we'd brought him was unveiled. He stood with his mouth open and it really was the sweetest thing I'd ever seen.

"Can I go on it now, pleeeaaseee daddy?" he said batting his eyelids. Lou knew exactly how to get around his dad, just like I did sometimes. I laughed at his skill and stood up as Harry did also to look out the window at the weather.

"It looks freezing outside Lou?" Harry said questioningly.

"But I want to show everyone my bike! Especially Niall, he likes the colour red." Me and Harry laughed at Louis' desperateness and agreed to take the bike downstairs. We all loaded into the lift, still in our pyjamas, and Harry helped push Louis along on the bike on the pavement in front of the apartment block.

A camera flashed. Really? Paps on Christmas Day? Wow! We didn't mind in the slightest, there was no drama to be found here.

Niall  and Liam came down from their apartments along the street, dragging sleepy looking Taylor and Danielle in tow.

"Morning!" Niall said chirpily to all of us. "Now that is a bike and a half you got there Lou!" he said ruffling Louis' hair as he gave him a massive bear hug.

We all talked for a while and then Sophie came up behind me, making me jump.

"Happy Christmas Lettie-kins!" she said "How is my beautiful godson?" she exclaimed picking Louis up and giving him a kiss on the cheek even though he squirmed away from her. She put him down and laughed.

"Happy Christmas to you too!" I said back "Where's Zayneyyy?" I asked looking behind me to check he hadn't followed her down.

"Still asleep, where do you think. He won't wake up for anyone, not even Santa!" she said directing the last bit to Louis, who looked at her in utter surprise at this thought.

"Is Uncle Louis coming to see my bike?" Lou asked looking up into Harry's eyes adoringly.

"Yes sweetie, he's coming a little later, so let's go and get ready, shall we?" Harry replied taking Louis' hand in one of his and the little bike in the other.

We said goodbye to everyone and made our way back upstairs.

Louis and Eleanor came round for Christmas dinner and the two Louis' played the whole afternoon. They got on like best friends, it was so sweet.

Louis came and sat with me for a while as Lou carried on playing with the new firetruck he'd gotten, making whirring noises and using Euston as a bridge.

"You seem really happy!" Louis said to me looking around at Harry who was clearing the table and Eleanor who was helping him.

"I really am!" I said smiling, "You seem very happy too" I continued nodding over at Eleanor.

"Yeah, we're great...I'm thinking of proposing to her when we go to the Bahamas in a couple of weeks" he whispered to me grinning widely. I hugged Louis and congratulated him in advance as I knew El would say yes, she was completely head over heels in love with Louis and I knew she'd been waiting for him to pop the question for a while.

Louis and Eleanor left a little later on and after putting Louis to bed Harry and I went to snuggle up on the sofa. He slipped in the Love Actually disc and I settled into his arms.

The DVD finished and I looked up at Harry smiling widely. He looked back down at me, his green eyes still making me speechless, kissing me softly on the lips. He leaned back and said "I love you" into my ear and I pressed my lips up against his again in reply. He swung me into his arms like I was a feather and carried me up the stairs.

He placed me gently underneath him on the bed and kissed at my neck and I did the same back to him. He stopped suddenly and I sat up from under him.

"I want you to know that you're beautiful Lettie" he said rubbing my hand with his thumb "and I will never stop loving you."

I thought back to all the times we'd been in situations like this. The first time we'd kissed at his house after the X-Factor. Dancing on the stage. The kiss in the rain and the events that followed that night. The trip to New York. And every other time after that. Even the arguments. These had been the most amazing years of my life and I didn't regret any one of the things that had happened. Not even Katie.

I thought about her for a minute then and she even made me smile. I hadn't heard from her for years but I knew she was fine, somewhere. Maybe I would call her in the morning, I still had her number, and you can't hold grudges forever.

Harry brought my attention back to him as he kissed me again.

"Did you hear what I just said sweetie?" he said laughing into my hair.

"Every word of it." I said "I was just...thinking about everything." I said intertwining my fingers in his curls. "I love you so much Harry" I said. Then I thought of the words we always finished moments like this with...

"No matter what happens, I will always love you." I kissed his lips softly and knew my life was perfect. I'd always have the curly haired boy I'd fallen in love with at the train station. No matter what happened I knew that was one think I couldn't lose.