Chapter 14

The weeks passed and the weekend I was due to see Harry drew closer. We sorted everything out and planned when would be the best time for me to arrive and leave as there would no doubt be fans there. We had agreed that we didn't want too many people knowing about me yet, particularly because many fans seemed to be pretty brutal towards any girl Harry even touched!

My mum had taken some persuading, but I explained to her how me and Harry were only friends and that she could trust him with me. My dad backed up my argument, which surprised me a little, I guess he really did like Harry, which is always a good thing, and my mum finally agreed to let me go.

My dad was coming with me to make sure I got there safely. We stood on the platform on Friday evening. Harry was already at home and by the time we arrived a lot of the fans outside his house would have left for the day which would make things easier.

I had my tote bag slung over my shoulder. I had packed enough clothes for two days but it still seemed to feel like I had weighed it down with bricks. My dad just laughed at me struggling to get it through the door of the train and I jokingly scowled at him, helping would have been too nice of him.

When we arrived it was dark and we peered down Harry's street. I could vaguely remember which house it was from the year before and there was no one surrounding it. I guess that part of the plan had worked.

My dad kissed me on the cheek. He was staying in the little B&B we had stayed in the year before and then heading off to work from there early the next morning.

I hauled my bag onto my shoulder again as it had been slipping off and walked silently down the street towards Harry's house.

There were a few tents that I hadn't noticed pitched on the grassy area opposite his house. They must be the real hardcore fans, wow! I snuck quietly up to the front door and decided to text Harry that I was outside rather than risk waking up the fans if I knocked.

I stood for a couple of minutes and the door opened, Anne whisked me inside quickly and shut the door instantly behind her again. Some of the fans must be pretty bad I thought to myself.

"Hey Lettie" Anne said pulling me into a quick hug. "Harry is out the back, in the cottage" she said after pulling away. I smiled at her warmly and made my way out to the back patio where me and Harry had sat that night around a year ago.

My heart was pounding in my chest, I was actually really nervous, I realised gulping a little. I took a few deep breathes and walked up to the cottage in the garden.

"Hey Harry, are you there?" I said quietly as I poked my head around the door, everything seemed too quiet which didn't help with my nerves.

"Surprise" he half shouted as he jumped up from behind the arm chair in the corner. I knew he was going to do that, but it still made me jump anyway.

I laughed at him and gave him a playful punch before he pulled me into a hug. "I've missed you" he said into my neck and I said it back nuzzling into his shoulder. He smelt so good, I really meant it when I said I'd missed him.

We sat and talked for a little while but it was late so soon enough we agreed to go to bed and catch up in the morning. He sent me into the bedroom with the double bed in. I looked at him and wondered where he was planning to sleep.

"Don't worry, I'm not that much of a fast mover, I'll sleep on the sofa as long as you don't mind me watching you getting changed." he winked at me and I shook my head smiling, he was such a flirt.

I changed into a baggy T-shirt and shorts, making sure Harry was out the room, and climbed into bed. I must have fallen asleep almost instantly as the next thing I knew I was rubbing my eyes, the morning sun blaring in through the window. I sat up and looked outside, it really was a beautiful house, the air looked cold and crisp but the sun made the dew on the grass glitter. I stretched and walked into the little living room where Harry was just waking up also.

"Good morning" I said chirpily sitting on his feet on the sofa. He replied with a grunt and pulled the cover over his face, he really wasn't a morning person unlike me. I looked at him, his curls all ruffled from where he slept, I couldn't help smiling to myself.

I got up laughing a little and walked into the bedroom again to get ready. I heard Harry do the same about 10 minutes after and waited in the bedroom until I thought he was done. I had put on a baggy jumper and leggings as we wouldn't really be going anywhere, it was too risky. I scraped my hair into a bun and put on my minimal make up.

I walked back into the living room where Harry was just throwing on a white T-shirt. "I've got to pop out quickly" he said, "I'll be back a little later, sorry."

"It's okay, I'll be fine here, don't worry about it" I replied. He kissed me quickly on the cheek and set off up to the main house.

I watched a little TV and sorted my clothes out from the night before which I'd just taken off and put on the floor. I folded up the bedding Harry had used on the sofa and tidied his things which were also across the living room floor. I didn't mind, I liked things to look nice.

I was sat on the sofa when Harry came back watching some weird TV game show, he laughed at it and I flicked off the TV as he sat down next to me. It was around 3 'o' clock as we hadn't got up until pretty late anyway.

"Hey, lets go for a walk in the garden" Harry said and pulled me up off of the sofa.

I smiled in return as he kept his hand locked around mine leading me out of the door. His thumb brushed against the front of my hand and sent my heart fluttering, he was so gentle but strong at the same time. The way he made me feel without trying was so frustrating.

We reached the fence at the end of the garden and I looked out over the field beyond. He did the same and we didn't say a word to each other, we didn't need to.

Suddenly I felt a drip of rain on my cheek and I looked up as the rain started pouring heavily from the sky. I laughed and pulled at Harry's hand to run back to the cottage.

"Who's idea was this" I giggled, my hair already soaking wet.

Harry laughed at me and pulled me back towards him. I caught my breath as his arms wrapped around me and his lips brushed against mine before he kissed me full on and passionately. I kissed him back, taking in every second of the kiss, my eyes closed as my hands found his curls and intertwined into them. The rain was still hammering down but I didn't care now, it was such a cliche moment, but it was perfect, like a movie.

I pulled away a little to catch my breath and he kissed me again. It was the most amazing kiss I'd ever had but I couldn't help the year before racing through my head. This kiss felt like it meant more, I really hoped so.

We finally pulled apart and smiled widely at each other. "I'll take all the credit for this idea" he said and grabbed my hand as we ran back to the cottage, the smile on my face must have said it all.