Chapter 3

I didn't really expect Harry to text at all and I didn't want to text him first in case he thought I was annoying. I told Katie what had happened and she seemed a little annoyed that she wasn't able to go but overall was incredibly happy for me.

I hesitated about telling her I had his number but I thought no harm could come of telling her. She smiled at me and kept joking around about me loving him, she took it better than I thought, considering she had sounded jealous the other time in front of Harry.

On the morning of the live final of The X-Factor I woke up to a text. I unlocked my phone sleepily and checked the text that had come through, not looking at the name, automatically assuming it was from Katie.

'Morning hun, how are you, i'm so nervous, could do with you making me smile! Love Harry xx'. I read it thinking why is Katie nervous? Is something happening today? Then I read the end again and quite dramatically dropped my phone on my face as I was lying down. 'Love Harry xx' the words bounced around in my head for about 5 minutes before I replied.

'You have nothing to be nervous about, you'll be great as always! And I'm fine thank you, just dropped my phone on my face if that makes you feel better :P xx'. I pressed the send button before I could stop myself and think about the reply too much.

I must have fallen back to sleep as I woke up again when my phone buzzed next to me. I checked it and it was Harry again, the 'Harry (from White Eskimo)' making me laugh as it popped up on my screen. I replied again and we got into a general conversation as we would have at the train station.

Suddenly my dad came into my room, he hadn't grasped the concept of knocking, and said something about an after party in an couple of days down in Cheshire, which confused me slightly, so I got my dad to explain.

Apparently he had been talking to Harry and Anne (Harry's mum) over the past week and they were having a small party in Holmes Chapel in a couple of days time to celebrate the X-Factor for Harry and the other boys if they weren't too busy. Anne had invited my dad and Harry had suggested I come along!

I agreed instantly and walked back into my room, the grin on my face must have been a picture! I text Harry back and brought up the party and he replied saying it would be great if I could come so I could see him again and that I could bring Katie if I wanted to. He didn't mind as long as she was a bit calmer this time so I thought I'd bring her but give her a heads up to be less screamy.

I fell back onto my bed and closed my eyes thinking of how amazing everything was at the moment.

I lay with my eyes shut and heard a knock on the door. My mum answered it so I closed my eyes again, only to be greeted by a shove.

I fell off the bed onto the floor with a thud. I groaned and rubbed my elbow which I'd hit on the floor.

"Katie, blimey, that hurt!" I said looking up at my grinning best friend who was in stitches, practically bent over doubled.

"Morning!" she shouted at me, making me grab my ears as I hadn't quite woken up yet. "I brought you this!" she said tapping me on the head with something.

I looked up and she unrolled a gigantic poster of Harry...

"What even Katie?" I said laughing at the poster, I found it really weird to see him staring at me from it, like it wasn't the same person.

"I thought you'd appreciate a picture of your boyfriend to go on your wall, you know brighten the place up a bit." She winked at me, still giggling and started to stick it onto my wall right next to my bed. I shook my head, laughing as well and helped her. 'If you can't beat them, join them' I thought to myself, sticking one of the corners down.

It was absolutely massive and covered half of the wall next to my bed.

Katie and I spent the day together talking and watching the video diaries that the boys made each week on the X-Factor. At one point Katie spat her drink out all over the floor because of Louis generally acting like an idiot in them. I'd never laughed so much in my life.

I told Katie about the party once I'd prepared myself for her reaction, and I was right to. She screeched at the top of her voice and said "Oh my god!" about five billion times in succession. I calmed her down and she started to breath normally again to my relief. I honestly thought she might have passed out otherwise.

We carried on watching the video diaries, laughing uncontrollably. Those five boys were really something else, I thought to myself, smiling widely.