Chapter 18

The next few days went by in a blur. I hadn't spoken to Harry since our argument and really I was still annoyed with him for cancelling on me and then going out somewhere else! We had such a love-hate relationship, it was too mad! I didn't know what I meant to him and it was killing me.

I moped about and even my dad questioned what was wrong with me, I must have been bad. I knew the boys were heading back to America in a couple of days time, next Sunday, and I really wanted to see Harry before he went but I didn't want to be the first one to back down, not like the last time, I was sticking to my stubborn ways.

Saturday morning came about and I was getting ready to go shopping with Sophie when there was a knock on the door. I galloped down the stairs, I'd woken in an okay mood, surprisingly. I was wearing my usual high-waisted skinnies and a baggy top with an American flag on the front tucked in. My hair was all done and so was my make-up.

I opened the door expecting to see Sophie and I did, but stood just in front of her was Harry...

He looked down at the ground and I would have shut the door if it wasn't for Sophie standing there too. I invited her inside and she whispered "I didn't have anything to do with this, before you kill me, he turned up just as I did" I nodded at her and she went and made herself comfy in the living room, I heard her flick on the TV.

I looked back round to Harry who had looked up by now but was still distant.

"I guess you'd better come in" I said "before people recognise you, I mean you wouldn't want to be seen with me would you." I added the little comment at the end and regretted it instantly, but I was sure that was the reason he had cancelled on me.

He came inside and I walked into the kitchen jumping up to sit on the breakfast bar. He just stood there with his hands tucked in his pocket. I waited for him to speak and after a long pause he did, quietly at first.

"Look I'm annoyed at you Lets" he didn't really sound it but I let him carry on, "I'm annoyed because you didn't let me finish my side of the story...not that I had much of a side. It bugs me to admit this but I was wrong. I shouldn't have cancelled and then gone out. I guess I was nervous for people to find out about us."

I knew that was the reason. I didn't know whether to be happy that he'd admitted he was wrong or annoyed that he still didn't want people to know about us. I considered my reaction for a minute and settled on forgiving him, I don't think I could hack being annoyed with him anymore, it was just too hard.

I slid off the counter, "Lets just leave it, yeah? I was out of order too, it's your life, I shouldn't question what you choose to do all the time, even if you would have had a better time with me" I let a little smile spread across my lips.

"Oh would I now" he said walking towards me, slipping his arms around me and giving me a gentle kiss, wow I'd missed his lips on mine!

I pulled away a little "But Harry I can't keep acting this way, I need to know where I stand with you?"

"I know" he replied "and I'm sorry I've been so confusing, I just got nervous about people knowing about us, I didn't want you to get hurt." So that's why he cancelled. It wasn't me it was others he was worried about. I felt guilty now.

"But I think you'll be able to handle what people say Lets, well I know you have a fiery side" he said laughing a little "that's why I want you to come away with me...to America, tomorrow?"

My heart pounded, had he really just asked me to fly to America with him and the boys, TOMORROW! I jumped into his arms and he spun me around in a circle before placing me down gently on the floor.

"Yes! Yes of course I'll come!" I exclaimed. He smiled at me widely and planted a kiss on my lips. We melted together and his tongue began to explore my mouth. It was perfect. We pulled away after a while.

"So this means Lets, that you are now my beautiful girlfriend, if that's okay with you?" he said kissing my forehead and then winking at me.

"I guess it does Styles, you're right" I smiled at him and he hugged me again. It had taken long enough for this day to come. It was weird that I already knew everything about Harry and he knew everything about me, personality and body, all before we were officially dating but I didn't mind one bit. The roller coaster we'd been on up until now could only make us stronger!

I ran into the living room to tell Sophie and she screamed at me and hugged me! "Oh my gosh, thank you Harry, you have no idea how much she's been moping without you!" I blushed a crimson red and scowled at Sophie. She and Harry just laughed at me.

"You know" Harry said "I think Sophie should come along to America with us?" Sophie's eyes lit up and I knew she really wanted to, she looked at me for advice and I nodded at her smiling.

"That would be amazing" she exclaimed.

Harry's hand was intertwined around mine. I pulled it free and told him I should go and pack as I had a holiday to go on. He kissed me and told me the car would be outside to pick me up tomorrow at 12. We said goodbye and he walked out the house, pulling his hood up and his sunglasses over his eyes to minimise the recognition he got.

Sophie told me she had to go home and pack and that she'd get to mine for 11 the next day. We both squealed and jumped up and down together before she left as well.

I went upstairs and packed everything I needed after calling my mum and dad to tell them I'd be going. They were fine with it of course as they both really liked Harry. I told them Sophie was going and my mum said that was even better. It was still pretty early in the evening but I decided to go to bed. I wanted the next day to come as quickly as possible!