Chapter 5

I woke up to a knock on the door, it didn't wake Katie or my dad so I got up slowly, throwing on a hoodie and scraping my hair back so I at least didn't look like a zombie.

I opened the door quietly, expecting it to be the owner of the B&B, but to my surprise Harry was standing there with two plates of bacon sandwiches. His hair was slightly ruffled like he'd just got out of bed and he was wearing a baggy white T-shirt and joggers.

"Morning Lets" he said in a husky morning voice. I smiled at him and pushed him gently out into the little living room on the landing of the B&B, explaining the others were still asleep.

I sat cross-legged on the sofa and took one of the sandwiches. We both sat eating for a while without saying a word, I know I was replaying the night before and wondered if he was too.

"So how did you sleep?" he said to break the silence, I replied telling him about the whole Katie situation, quietly in case she had woken and could hear through the door although I didn't say anything bad about her at all. He smiled and listened as I told him, speaking at just the right moments here and there, he had always been a good listener.

When I'd finished he paused slightly before bringing up the night before. I was dreading this conversation, and I could tell he was a little uncomfortable too.

He apologised again and made clear he wanted to be friends for now. My heart felt like it was being dragged in two different directions. I liked Harry so much and wanted to be with him as more than a friend but we'd met at the wrong time and it was just too hard with everything else going on in his life at the time.

We finished one of the plates of sandwiches just as Katie walked out of the door from our room. She smiled at us both, "I thought I heard you two talking, your dad's still asleep Lets so I came out here."

I squished up on the sofa so Katie could sit on it as well and we continued the general conversation until my dad poked his head round the door.

"Are you girls going to come and pack your things, we have to head back soon" he said.

Harry agreed to come in and help us pack a little although he wasn't much help, throwing stuff at me and Katie whilst we sat laughing at him when he went through Katie's make up bag, a puzzled look on his face.

Once we were packed Harry hauled my bag off the bed, I couldn't help noticing his strong arm muscles as he did so.

"How much did you brings Lets, Jesus" he said with a smile across his face.

He carried the bag downstairs for me and put it into the boot of the car that would take us to the train station. As he turned to face me I felt a pang of sadness, realising I probably wouldn't see him again for quite a while.

He looked straight into my eyes and without saying a word pulled me into a strong hug, I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in his shoulder as I tried to blink back the tears I could feel welling in my eyes. He pulled me back and held me at shoulders length before kissing me softly on the forehead.

"I'll speak to you soon, I promise" he said before letting go and opening the car door for me to get in.

As the car pulled away my phone buzzed and Harry's name blinked on my screen I read the message and smiled, 'Told you I'd speak to you soon, is this too soon? xxx'. I read the message and thought to myself it could never be too soon.