Chapter 10

(Aww double digits! :D Thank you if you're still reading! I love you all, if you become a fan and leave a comment I'll dedicate a chapter to you. You're all awesome, hope you still like it!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to my phone buzzing harshly against my bedside table. I stretched my arms up to reach it and answered it.

"Hello" I said in a sleepy voice.

"Hi...it's Katie." a muffled voice replied.

I had forgotten the night before's events up until I heard her voice and said "What?" in quite a harsh voice as the anger rose up inside of me remembering the previous conversation we'd had only a few hours ago.

"We need to talk" she whispered, she sounded quite upset maybe I should giver her a chance. Then I remembered the awful phone call I'd had with Harry. He didn't trust Katie in the slightest and I don't know if I do anymore. There's no harm in seeing what she has to say though I guess. I arranged for her to come over in half an hour, I would get ready after she had left.

There was a loud knock on the door, I walked downstairs and opened it, taking a deep breath as I did. We went upstairs to my bedroom without saying a word, I was waiting for her to speak first which was childish of me, I know, but I was too annoyed to even try.

"I'm sorry" she eventually said, I didn't say anything so she continued, "I just, I was just so upset that you and Harry get on so well and I always thought he'd fall in love with me if I ever got the chance to meet him" she sniffled a little, maybe she really was sorry.

"He's not in love with me Katie but I understand" I said a little shocked that she thought he loved me.

"Well you're closer to him than I ever will be" she replied, I could still hear a little jealousy in her voice but I ignored it.

"Hey i'm going to have a shower and then we'll go out somewhere, okay?" I guess I had to at least try to make up with her, even if it felt wrong deep down. Maybe Harry was right?

I showered, replaying every conversation since the night before over and over again trying to work out what to do. I'd left my phone on the side in my room and when I got back it had moved from its spot on the bedside table and was sitting on the bed next to Katie. I instantly sensed something was different and checked my phone. My messages from Harry had been deleted and so had all my bbm chats. I looked over at Katie who had gotten up and was gathering her things.

"I'm gonna go" she said coldly but I couldn't help noticing the smug smile on her face.

"What have you done Katie, I trusted you, what have you done!" I said, my throat was dry and the words wavered slightly.

She smiled at me slyly, "Nothing, I just talked to Harry a little and to a few of your friends, they were all very interested to hear what you two have been up to, oh and I wouldn't expect Harry to call you anytime soon, the text I sent sorted him out".

I could feel tears streaming down my face in anger, "Why are you doing this Katie! Is it because you're jealous? Well you just made my decision a lot easier! Harry was right about you all along, he never liked you Katie, just get out!"

She waltzed out of my room and out of the front door without a word. I ran upstairs and collapsed onto my bed, even after all that I still felt bad for her, I was angry but mainly I felt sorry for her.

My phone buzzed, it was a message form Harry, it read 'Why are you being so horrible about not seeing me again Lettie, I know I said you had to choose and you've chosen Katie, that's fine., I won't bother you again'.

What had she said to him, I picked up my phone and dialled Harry's number, he didn't pick up. I dialled it again and left a message, I didn't care how desperate I sounded; "Harry please pick up, I didn't send those messages it was Katie, I'll explain everything" I paused for a second and added "...I chose you Harry" before pressing the button to end the message.

My phone was flashing at me with around 15 bbm messages and I started to push it away when I remembered Katie saying she'd talked to 'a few of my friends'. Oh no I thought as I opened bbm. 'How did she get so close to Harry', 'What did they do together?', 'And you're Katie, her best friend?'.

She'd been talking to them on my phone, I asked one of my close friends on bbm what had been going on and she explained to me that Katie sent a broadcast saying all the things I had done with Harry and that we were really close. She'd even lied and said we'd had sex! My eyes were still puffy and this brought on a fresh batch of tears.

I typed a new broadcast explaining Katie was lying and that she had no proof so people shouldn't believe her, luckily no one did, but there was still the issue of Harry to sort out.

I shut my eyes, my phone clutched in my hand and curled up on my bed, I just wanted this to sort itself out but I knew it never could.