Sixty

(A/N)

Here's a double in an apology for my crappy writing schedule lately xD Love you all

**

When Alex walked back into the house, he tossed his headphones onto the table in front of the couch, before locking the front door and beginning to walk toward his room.

Avi was sitting on the bed waiting for him, phone in hand. 

Alex didn't look at him when he walked in, just walked over to the closet to grab a change of clothes. 

Avi gave him some time to put sweatpants on, before he stood up and walked over to stand behind Alex. "Hey, Alex... I, uh. I'm sorry about earlier..."

"Sorry for what?" He asked softly, pulling his shirt off and tossing it in the pile of other clothes that he needed to wash.

Avi reached around him to put a hand on Alex's stomach, using that to turn him around so they could face each other. "I wasn't trying to boss you around, babe. I just want you to be safe."

"I know that. I know... And I'm sorry too. I know your intentions are always good, but... You tend to want to control everything because you're afraid of loss."

"Well yeah... I'm trying to protect the things I love."

"I understand that, Avi. But sometimes you need to dial it back."

*

Scott had to physically pull Mitch out of the house the next morning.

Mitch pouted at him, groaning loudly. "No, Scottie, I'm not ready. I look awful."

"No, you don't, babe. I was trying to give you some extra time so we could get a coffee or two in you before you have to see people."

Mitch whined, and stopped walking, having to pull against Scott's grip on his wrist. "Please..? I wanna put foundation on. Please?"

"I'm fairly sure that's make up..?" At Mitch's nod he continued. "But you don't need make up." Scott whined, but frowned. "If it's gonna make you feel more confident and beautiful, then fine. I'll run and get us coffee, okay?"

"You don't have to... You can just come hang out with me while I--"

"I'll hurry, okay? Do you want anything to eat?"

"No. Just a coffee... Thank you. Or... I can just do my stuff in the car? I can go grab it really quick."

"Okay. That's much better."

Mitch nodded once, and began to rush off, but Scott grabbed his arm quickly, before letting go for fear of hurting him.

Mitch did turn though, one eyebrow raised. "What..? Changed your mind already?"

"No, no, just... Will you explain something to me?"

"Explain what..?"

"Why do people...? I mean, please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be mean or sound stupid, I just genuinely don't understand... Why do beautiful people wear make up..?"

"Well most of the time it's because it's kind of... Like art. And people express themselves through that. I know it's hard sometimes for super masculine men like yourself to understand, but people wear make up for themselves. Does that make sense..?"

Scott was pouting at him, and he stepped forward to give Mitch a hug. "Oh, okay... I just wanted to make sure..."

"I'm glad you asked instead of just assuming... What did you think the answer was?"