Twenty Five

Scott drove them home, Mitch singing to the radio loudly the entire way. 

Once they arrived back, Scott hurried out of the car just to open Mitch's car door. 

Mitch giggled at him, standing up and waiting for Scott to close the car door, before grabbing Scott's blue tie to yank him forward into a hug. 

Scott hugged back, turning his head to kiss Mitch's temple. "Feeling sentimental?"

"No.. Just happy to be around you, is all... Feeling kinda blessed."

Scott leaned back to smile at him. "You're so sweet... Thank you for taking me out tonight."

Mitch only giggled. "Thank you for not making a fuss about me paying the bill."

"Yeah, I really had to restrain myself."

"I'm sure you did." Mitch suddenly gasped, pushing on Scott's chest lightly as he grinned in excitement at his idea. "When I go back to school, you and I should have a date night. Like.. One night out of the week where we go out without our friends and have a fancy dinner."

"Sounds good to me. I'll take you anywhere you wanna go, babe."

Mitch's smile widened a little more. "Cool! Thank you so much."

"You're welcome. Let's go inside, okay? We both need to change out of these fuckin' things." He pulled on the jacket of his suit.

Mitch shrugged. "I dunno... You look pretty damn good in it."

"Doesn't mean it's not uncomfortable."

Mitch just shook his head. "Pretty hurts, babe. Everybody knows that."

"Exactly. So being ugly should be--"

Mitch smacked his chest lightly, rolling his eyes. "Oh my God, shut up. Get inside the house."

Scott didn't say another word, obeying quietly as he walked inside the house. 

Alex was laying on the coffee table, an open (and mostly empty) bottle of wine on the floor beside him.

He was laying on his back, with his head hanging off the table enough for him to be able to see Mitch walk into the room even if Mitch was upside down. Alex pointed at him. "I spy a wild Mitchie."

Mitch's face fell into concern, as he walked a little closer. "Aw, Allie... What's going on, babe?"

Alex kept staring at him. "Nothin' much."

As Mitch got closer, he noticed that Alex's shirt was halfway up his stomach, and his hair was slightly disheveled. Mitch knelt down to look at the bottle of wine on the floor. "Oh, honey... You know better than this..."

Alex rolled over a little, smiling at him, cheeks slightly pink. "Nuh uh... Avi wanted to party, and... I wanted not-beer."

Scott spoke up, slipping out of his jacket. "Where is Avi?"

Alex hummed. "Not sure. But I know where Kirstie is."

"Yeah?" Mitch responded softly. "And where's that?"

"Asleep in her room. Had a good time, I think. She said she wants to go out with him again."

"Oh good. Glad to hear that... And how are you doing..?"

Alex rolled back over, laying on his back again. "I'm great. Feelin' good."

Mitch stood up and held Alex's hand. "Why don't I help you into bed, honey? You shouldn't be laying on the table."