Eighteen

Mitch now held a towel around Scott's arm, shaking his head a little. "You're not supposed to get it wet, dummy. Remember?"

"But there was a game, Mitchie... Feelin' kinda tipsy."

"I'd say you're well past tipsy, sweetheart." Mitch responded kindly. 

Scott pouted at him, leaning to rest on Mitch's shoulder, his arm still in Mitch's lap. "I'm sorry, baby. Are you mad at me?"

"Of course not. But I need to dry this off."

"Sorry... I made a mistake."

"I know, honey, but it's okay. I'll help you fix it."

"Mkay..." Scott hummed softly, looking around at people still partying and hopping around. "Isn't it like... Early in the morning now?"

"Yes." Mitch continued attempting to dry off Scott's cast. "And Alex and Avi are still gone doing exactly what you think they're doing."

"Cool... I wish we could be doing that."

"We could be if you hadn't--"

"I'm sorry, I said I was. Stop making me feel bad."

Mitch turned to kiss the top of Scott's blonde head, now that Scott was leaning most of his upper body onto him. "I wasn't trying to make you feel bad, honey."

Scott hummed again, staring at his cast. "But... But we can, right? Please? To celebrate?"

"Maybe later, babe. You're still drunk."

"So? We do lots of things when I'm drunk."

"I know. But whenever you convince me to do this, you wake up with a really bad headache, and you know it."

Scott pouted. "But... But please?"

Mitch let go of the cast with one hand, to run his fingers through Scott's hair once. "I'll think about it, sweetie. Okay?"

"Okay..." Scott was quiet for a moment, and Mitch could tell that he was thinking on something because of the look on his face. "And... Mitchie? Don't... Don't let me pressure you. Like... I really wanna, but... But.. I don't wanna if you don't wanna, y'know?"

Mitch ran his fingers through the blonde hair again. "I know... Thank you for saying that, baby. I love you."

Scott looked up at him with a wide smile, as if he were a kid that had been offered candy (or Scott being offered candy, Mitch supposes.) "I love you too!"

*

Kirstie found Alex first, after he came downstairs. 

She grinned at him, shoving a drink into his hands. "Alex, oh my God! I thought you died or something!"

He smiled, taking a sip of the drink out of curiosity. "I'm very much alive." He chuckled a little. "Have you seen Scott or Mitch..? Any idea when they wanna leave?"

"Scott's too drunk to be making decisions, and honestly I'm too tipsy to even recognize them if I have seen them."

"Oh, oh.. I see."

"Where's Avi?"

"Bathroom. Be down any second."

"Okay." She responded loudly, before scurrying off. 

Alex watched her go. "Oh. Okay then."

Avi finally showed up beside him with a smile, leaning forward to kiss him once. "Hey. What's going on?"