Fifty Four

(A/N)

Doubleeeeeee love y'all

**

After following Kirstie to her room, Scott grabbed Mitch's hand and smiled at him. 

Kirstie first faced Mitch, and gestured toward her closet. "Mitchie, what I need from you is some help with choosing an outfit for tonight, and your opinion on my eye shadow. And then I need to borrow your fiancé for a second."

Mitch nodded slowly, letting go of Scott's hand. "Go ahead. I'll sift through your closet until you get back. Am I looking for anything specific?"

"Just something to wear to a really nice dinner, that's all. I have lots of new dresses for you to look at if you want."

"Ooh, yes please."

Kirstie then took Scott into the bathroom and closed the door behind herself. "I have two things to ask you."

Scott nodded, walking over to jump up and sit on the bathroom counter. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm good. But... Like... Okay, so question number one. Back when you and Mitch were dating..."

"Oh dear... Kirstie, I don't think you should take my advice for any of that. I was literally the worst boyfriend-- But I'm sure Mitch would have some advice. Or... Alex. Or Avi. Or literally anyone but me."

Kirstie giggled a little. "Scott, don't be silly. You were one of the best boyfriends, but that's besides the point. I'm not really looking for advice as much as I'm trying to understand what he's doing."

"Well... You could always just ask him."

"Right, I know, but... Sorry. Nevermind. Let's just... Move on."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude or dismissive. But like... I don't really know anything about your relationship, and I'm not... I mean, Mitch did most of the work in our relationship, I was just along for the ride. But I'll listen and give it my best if you need help."

"No, it's okay. I'll ask Alex. Anyhow... I have a favor to ask... And please feel free to say no. But.. It's my turn to drive us to the date, and I wanted to know if I could borrow your car..? Not the G-Wagen but the other one."

"Oh, sure. I'll take it out to get some gas and then you can take it whenever you need."

"Really? You'll let me take it?"

"Yeah, sure. Just... Please drive carefully, and like... Don't eat inside the car. Promise?"

"I promise. Thank you. I'll be so fucking careful I promise."

"Do you need any money or anything..?"

"No, no that's okay. Thank you though."

Mitch knocked on the bathroom door. "Guys I know you think that was all super private and stuff but I heard like every other word."

Scott glanced at the door. "Maybe you heard everything but you didn't get to see us make out."

"Bitch please. You haven't kissed a girl in like four years."

"Yeah until today, that is."

"Whatever. Can I open the door yet?"

"Not until I put my pants back on."

"Oh God, then I definitely don't want to open the door."

Kirstie rolled her eyes and walked forward to open the door. "You guys."