Thirty Five

Scott waited for Mitch to come back into the room, as he sat on the bed. 

Mitch closed the door softly, eyeing Scott curiously. "Hey, babe. Sorry, I just.. Needed a second."

"It's okay. Can I ask a favor of you?"

"Sure." 

"Will you please, just... Lay with me for a little bit..? I think I'm too upset about what happened yesterday to have this conversation with you. Is that okay?"

"Scott, of--"

"You don't have to though, if you don't want to. It's up to you."

Mitch walked over to lean down and kiss him once. "I understand. It's okay. I'll stay with you until you fall asleep, okay? Then I'll get up and make some food. How does that sound?"

"Sounds like... I don't deserve someone as wonderful as you are."

Mitch giggled a little. "You're so sweet... What would you like me to make for you, honey?"

"I don't know... Something easy. Like.. Spaghetti?"

"It doesn't have to be easy, honey. I don't mind making you something. You really like, um.. Burgers?"

"No, no. Don't do that. Nothing that isn't gluten free."

"Babe, spaghetti isn't--"

"Then I change my mind. Something gluten free please."

"Like what, babe? Tacos?"

"Ooh... Yes please. Will that take a long time? I don't want you to work harder than you have to."

"Not long, honey. I'm sure I could ask someone to go out and buy some stuff. And then you and I can talk about this after you eat."

"Okay... Thanks for being so understanding and shit."

"No problem, honey." He stepped forward again, pushing Scott back a little. "Lay down, sweetheart."

Scott just obeyed him, without saying anything. 

Mitch then went to lay beside him. "Want me to hold you this time, Scottie?"

Scott just looked over at him. "Maybe?"

"Tell me for sure, honey. I need to know."

Scott looked away from him, putting an arm across his own stomach. "Yeah... Is that okay?"

"Yes. Of course it is." Mitch mumbled, turning on his side to face Scott. "Turn over, baby."

Scott turned quickly to look at the wall. "Is this gonna be weird?"

"No. Of course not." Mitch responded, sliding his hand down Scott's stomach to hold him, as well as pressing himself against Scott's back. 

Scott couldn't decide if he should be sucking in his stomach or not. But being Scott, he just asked. "Should I be flexing, or..?"

"Don't be silly." Mitch responded, slipping his hand underneath Scott's shirt to feel at his stomach. 

Scott tried flexing once, because he felt self conscious. But Mitch immediately scolded him, so he relaxed.

*

Alex had offered to go to the store for Mitch, which automatically meant that Avi was gonna go too. 

Avi drove both of them as well, and held a hand out to offer to Alex when they were walking through the parking lot. 

"Oh.. Avi, babe. You don't have to do that."

"Do what? I just wanna hold your hand."

"No, I know, but... You don't usually like doing PDA. You're only offering because you think it's what I want."

Avi rolled his eyes, and grabbed Alex's hand anyway. "Don't be dumb. Can I ask you somethin'?"

"Of course."

"When are your tryouts?"

"This upcoming weekend. Why?"

"Just asking. Are you doing like pre-season stuff?"

"Yeah. Starts this week."

"They only give you a week?"

"Yeah. It's called Hell Week."

"Oh, that sounds great." Avi said monotonously. "Can I come watch you, or no?"

"I wish you wouldn't."

"Why not?"

"Don't want you to see me doing that. If... If I make the team, you can come to all the games like you did in high school."

"Oh I can guarantee that. That's for sure."

Alex just shook his head. "Whatever. What if I'm not even a starter? Then you'd just be coming to the games to watch me sit on the bench."

"I bet you'd still look hot. And Alex, there's no way you'd just sit on the bench. You're too damn good for that."

"You don't know that. You're just being nice." Alex pouted, as he reached out to open the door to the store so Avi could walk through. 

Avi did so, but cringed. "Damn, I was supposed to do that. You're just so slick, I can't compete."

Alex giggled. "I know. I'm like... The best boyfriend."

"Oh yeah?"

"Mhmm. You better start stepping up your game."

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"I'm giving you a second chance. Better start improving." Alex said, but giggled afterward to give himself away. 

Avi shook his head slowly. "I can't believe this. My super hot boyfriend is trying to get rid of me."

Alex finally let the joke end. "Avi... You know I'm kidding, don't you? I'm just giving you a hard time."

"No, I know. But... At the same time, I know I gotta work harder."

*

Mitch felt Scott's breathing deepen, as he finally fell asleep. 

Mitch had planned on getting out of the bed when Scott passed out, but Scott was clinging to his arm, so he couldn't. 

Mitch pressed a kiss to the back of Scott's neck, and then the back of his head. 

Scott hummed softly, and Mitch immediately felt bad because he'd forgotten how light of a sleeper Scott was. 

Mitch kissed his back once. "Sorry..." He whispered.

"You... Okay?" Scott mumbled, clearly still mostly asleep. 

"I'm fine, baby. Go to sleep."

Scott hesitated for a second, but then turned onto his back and slowly turned onto his other side to face Mitch. 

Mitch immediately put his hand on Scott's hip, loving how their roles had switched today.

Mitch smiled at him, Scott's eyes barely even open. Mitch ran his fingers through Scott's hair a few times. "Sleep, honey... Why are you still staring at me with those beautiful eyes?"

"Because... There's a gorgeous man in my bed." Scott responded softly, and very slowly. 

Mitch giggled at him, leaning forward to kiss Scott's lips once. "Alright, sweetheart. That's enough sap for one day. Go to sleep."

"Never enough... Will... The man of my dreams, be in my dreams..? Or should I just keep staring at him right now?"

"Honey, you're not making much sense. You're exhausted. Just get some sleep, okay?"

Scott hummed softly, closed his eyes, and then fell asleep all in a matter of seconds.

Mitch stared at him for a little longer, smiling at him. "You're such a cutie..."

Scott's lips twitched up in a smile.

**