Thirty Eight

Scott did everything he could to help Mitch cook, trying to follow Mitch's exact instructions. 

He asked probably close to a thousand clarifying questions, not wanting to fuck anything up. 

But Mitch was very careful with him, only giving him tasks that Mitch was positive he could handle. 

As Mitch was finishing up, Scott cleaned up after him, a grin on his face because he hadn't done anything wrong. 

Scott then walked up behind Mitch to hug him and hold him around the hips as he watched over Mitch's shoulder at what Mitch's hands were doing. 

Mitch smiled a little when Scott kissed his neck once. "Proud of yourself, I see."

"I didn't burn anything. So I'd consider this a success."

"You did very well, honey."

"Shut up." Scott responded in disbelief. "You're just saying that."

Mitch giggled a little. "I'm serious, Scottie. You did a really good job. Thank you for helping me."

Scott smiled widely. "Anytime, pretty boy."

A blush hurried to flush Mitch's cheeks, and Mitch hoped Scott couldn't tell. "That's such a cute nickname."

"Fitting for a cute boy."

*

As everyone sat down to eat, Mitch kept standing and grinned widely, knowing he was about to embarrass the Hell out of Scott. "I just really quickly want to tell everyone that Scott made like 75% of this food, and he didn't burn a single thing, nor did he mess up at all."

Avi laughed first. "No shit?!" He looked over at Scott. "I don't think I've ever eaten something that you cooked."

"Shut the fuck up." Scott muttered, hanging his head a little.

Mitch giggled, and sat down beside Scott with a grin. "Sorry. I just wanted everyone to know that you worked really hard..."

Alex leaned toward Scott a little. "Thanks to both of you for making this. It looks really good."

Scott kept his head down. "Mitch did most of it. He's just being modest and trying to give me credit for stuff I didn't do."

Mitch frowned, putting a hand on Scott's back. "Honey, that's not true. You did a fantastic job."

Kirstie walked back into the room, now with a boy hanging on her arm. She grinned widely, and spoke a little louder. "Hey, guys..? This is Kyle."

Alex was the first to hop up and walk over, only to shake his hand. "Nice to meet you, I'm Alex."

Kyle gave him a wide smile. "Oh, I've seen you before, haven't I?"

"Yeah, that party... You jumped in the pool right next to me, I think."

Avi was quick to step in between them, holding a hand out toward Kyle. "Avi."

Kyle quickly switched his attention, and smiled at him too. "Nice to meet you."

Kirstie then led him to his seat, where she'd already put his plate of food together. Kirstie sat down on one side of Kyle, with Scott already on the other side. 

Scott gave him a nod, when Kyle looked at him. "I'm Scott." Then he waved toward Mitch. "And that's my fiancé Mitch."

Kyle nodded at them. "Nice to meet both of you. Scott, I think I remember you from the party too."

"There's a small chance I won that underwear in the pool thing, but honestly I don't remember."

Kyle laughed a little. "Oh yeah... That was you."