Chapter 24

And this is where i feel like dying. It's been a week since Christopher kissed me and Lily said I'm a bad friend.

Since then Lily, luke, Christopher and Jake haven't spoken a word to me. Austin and Catherine's wedding is in 2 weeks and i think that I'm going to have to go with a mad Luke. Since someone else is bestman I'm going to have to dance with someone other than my fiancee.

Luke hasn't been at home since he left a week ago and i haven't left the house since. I got a letter yesterday accepting me into university and i can't share that with anyone

I haven't been to the gym at all and I'm literally just a breathing mess at the moment.

And now I'm watching tv and the show host is literally busy saying that because they haven't heard any news of a wedding from Luke and I it must be a hoax.

I sat infront of the tv crying and then i heard Luke's car pulling into the driveway for the first time in a week. I practically ran to greet him and assumed that he had come back because he forgives me but when i saw him get out of the car i knew that wasn't the case. His hair was extremely dirty and his eyes circled with darkness, it looked like he hadn't slept in weeks.

He looked at me with a straight face and then in a emotionless voice spoke "my dad forced me to come back, publicity and all" he exclaimed getting his things out the car. I stood there staring at Luke and knew that even if i wanted to, i couldn't take away what i did.

"I'll be sleeping in the blue room" he said which is the room furthest from our bedroom

I sighed heavily and started "Luke what happened to you"

He ignored my question and went on with his own "what dress are you wearing to Catherine's wedding"

"Luke you look horrible,  I'm worried"

He gave a cold chuckle "because i was thinking i want to match with you but i just realised you're maid of honour, i don't think it's allowed"

"I really missed you" i know he's just using the wedding as an excuse to talk about something other than us.

"You know what Kate" he turned to look at me and looked broken "we can break the engagement if you want, I'll give up my dream of ever owning the company"

I looked at him and really scanned his face, he showed no signs of anything but sorrow. "No Luke, we can't do that." I stayed calm and kind

I reached for his hand but he pulled it away and walked further away from me "i don't need comfort Kate, i honestly don't even care about what happened, you can go be with Christopher" tears filled his eyes and he said "as i said, it was never real to begin with"

"It was real for me Luke, every i love you crawled into my heart, every word we said to each other made my day and every kiss, even in front of paparazzi reminded me that butterflies exist, every time i touch you or are close to you or share a bed with you i feel at home and fall in love all over again"  small slow tears rolled down my cheeks

"Save it for Christopher" his cold reply caught me off guard and broke me

"Luke" i cried after him  but he just left the room and ignored my pleading

I didn't think i could feel worse than earlier but now i do

**
I stormed off to my car and invited myself to minette, drove to the airport and bought myself a ticket

While i was in the lay over i arrange an interview with Albatu industries CEO. I had an idea, the worst one yet but i was planning on following it through.