Chapter 12

Above- just showing how perfect Austin and Catherine are together

"To do what?"

"Austin, hi!" I said giving him a hug, I looked at the very pretty, tall woman with beach blonde hair and brown eyes, she eas wearing 6 inch heels just like me and a tight black dress "and you must be Catherine" I said with a bright smile, I hesitated to hug her but she hugged me anyway

I pulled out of the hug "this is Luke"

"Hi, nice to meet you" Luke said as he shook Austin's hand

We were still standing outside the restaurant until the waitress came out "mr.Adams your table is ready" Luke wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer, I tried to escape but I knew that Catherine and Austin would realise so I just went with it.

We reached the table and I sat infront of Catherine, next to Luke and Austin sat next to Catherine. "It's really nice to finally meet you Catherine" I said when I realised that I didn't say it yet.

We sat and spoke for a while and there were a few awkward silences but they are really good company

"I'm going to the loo" Catherine said after our food arrived

"I'll join" I said standing up, we walked to the bathroom and neither of us actually used the toilet

"Are you and Luke fine?" She asked me

"Sorry?"

"Well, you guys have been ignoring each other the whole night, and also-you look happy until he speaks and then your entire face turns sad" I just looked at her and didn't say anything "listen you don't have to tell me what's wrong but I think you need some alone time so I am leaving you here for a while" Catherine said before she opened the door and left me alone in the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror and took a deep breath as I thought about the past week and everything that has happened to me.

I stood there staring at myself and thinking that no 19 year old should go through this drama until a knock on the door brought me back to reality

"Hello? Kate? Can I come in?" I heard Luke's all too familiar voice.

I looked at the toilets to see if any of them were occupied before I answered "yeah"

Luke came in slowly but surely "hey Kate, you've been in here for a while" he scanned my face expression which was basically just my normal expression, he tilted his head to the left "Kate we need to talk"

"Luke you are in the ladies' cloakroom" I said in the same town that he said the previous sentence

"I know, this is really awkward but Catherine and Austin forced me to come" of course Luke wouldn't come without someon forcing him "but we do need-"

Luke was interrupted by a woman who came in and stared at him for a while and then she walked past us and went to the toilet

"As I was saying, we need to talk" Luke said quieter this time with the woman possibly hearing us "I didn't cheat on you, yes I lied when I said I was going to Egypt but that was because I wasn't ready to see you more than I was supposed to" he paused before he continued "the woman who answered my phone is Zelda, she is my friend but we are only friends, nothing more!!"

"Luke as I said before, I don't-" the woman came out of the bathroom cubicle and looked at us as she washed her hands. She was staring at us for about 2 minutes before she left, I looked back at Luke who was already looking at me "I don't care what you do with your life as long as nobody finds out"