Chapter 8; New Friends

(So I'm putting names before dialogue to make it less confusing, there are a lot of characters in this chapter and I want this to be fun and easy to read.)

Back to reader's POV :3

You felt a little giggle itching your throat as Grillby's embarrassed face made its way back into your mind. Your seemingly impossible dream of being with your boss really looked like it might come true! 

A few voices were heard around the diner, mumbling about slow service. You made your way to Sans, sitting at a table with an interesting group of people that you had never seen before.

You smiled pleasantly at all of them and began in a chipper happy tone.

Y/N: "Hello Sans, I'm afraid I don't know your friends."

A tall skeleton stood up and walked over to you, examining you from head to toe.

(?): "WHO IS THIS MYSTERIOUS PERSON?"

You were slightly taken aback, you had no idea a single person could be quite this loud.

...

Especially one without vocal chords.

Y/N: "I'm y/n, a friend of Sans."

The tall skeleton took a glance at Sans, making sure your story checked out.

Sans nodded back at him and winked.

Sans: "yeah bro, she just looked kinda bonely and tibia honest it seemed like she could use a funny bone such as myself."

The taller skeleton grumbled with annoyance and made a noise that sounded like a hissing kettle. 

(?): "SANS! YOU AND YOU'RE HORRIBLE PUNS!"

The skeleton face palmed and turned back towards you, his face lit up and his eyes dancing with excitement.

(?): "ANY FRIEND OF MY BROTHER IS A FRIEND OF MINE!"

He quickly wrapped you in a hug and you struggled to breathe. 

Still hugging you in a death squeeze, the cinnamon roll- I mean Sans' brother, continued.

(?): "MY NAME IS PAPYRUS HUMAN! IT IS LOVELY TO MEET YOU!"

You managed to choke out a few words in response.

Y/N: "It's nice to meet you too Papyrus."

Just as all air began to escape you, a warm hand touched your shoulder.

You knew exactly who it belonged too. Not to mention it was touching you not very long ago.... ;)

Grillby: "Papyrus, I know (y/n) must be pleased to meet you but I'd much appreciate it if you didn't suffocate her." 

Papyrus' grip loosened on you and Grillby's hand fell away, air returning to your lungs. 

Papyrus: "O-OH MY HUMAN! I AM VERY SORRY! SOMETIMES I DO NOT KNOW MY OWN STRENGTH!"

Papyrus gently set you down and gave you a smile that you returned. 

Y/N: "It's alright Papyrus! I'm perfectly okay I promise!" 

You gave him a quick hug and turned back towards the table to meet the other people seated there.

A bright blue fish-woman caught your eye, most likely from the glowing neon blue spear she was wielding. She had an eyepatch on and a casual black tank with jeans on.

To put it simply, she looked like a badass.

(?): "Fuhuhuh! The name's Undyne twerp! Pretty awesome name by the way."

You grinned at Undyne chuckled at her abrasive but lovable personality. She was someone who'd be a cool friend and could probably kick ass. 

Y/N: "Thanks, my name isn't nearly as cool as yours though."

Undyne: "Well duh! Y'know what punk you should come hang out with me and my girlfriend sometime. We're pretty awesome."

You didn't doubt it.

Y/N: "That'd be amazing! I don't really have any close friends."

Undyne laughed loudly again.

Undyne: "Fuhuhuhuhu! Well now you do!"

A car horn beeped from outside and Undyne turned in the direction of the sound.

Undyne: "Looks like Alphys is already here to get me. (y/n), I expect to see you at my place for Anime Night. Don't miss it!"

She was about to walk out the door when she turned and yelled back,

Undyne: "Ask Sans for the info!"

And just like that, she was gone.

You turned back to the table happily and grinned at Sans.

Y/N: "Geez Sans why didn't you tell me about your friends? They're awesome!"

Sans chuckled and you turned to the next member of the group, this time, a small child, no older than 10 or 11.

(?): "You must be very good for Sans and Grillby to like you, so I like you too. My name is Frisk."

This kid was too much.

Y/N: "Aw well thanks Frisk, you're too kind"

The child smiled brightly at you and you couldn't resist giving a warm grin back.

It seemed that you had met everyone that had been sitting at the table, they were all so interesting and-

(?): ~HELLOOOO DARLINGSSSSSSS~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh man.

Who could it be.

The suspense.

LOL

Really though guys sorry it took so long for me to update, I was going through my great-grandpa's funeral and it definitely took me away from writing for a little while. I'll try to post the next part sometime tomorrow!

~Reese

:3