Chapter 1; Fired

"What the hell do you mean I'm fired!?!?!" 

You were in a blind rage, your job as a waitress at Muffet's Bakery was gone after a customer complained about you. 

All you had done was forget ice in their drink. A simple mistake easily fixed, but this person had no patience and asked for the manager. 

And now you'd been fired over a drink. 

Muffet continued to huff annoyingly over the phone, "I'm sorry deary but it had to be done, I can't have incompetent employees worki-" 

You ended the call in the middle of her sentence, not caring to hear her. You slammed your phone down on the bedside table, absolutely fuming. 

How dare that spider fire you over a drink! 

You made the mental decision to never attend her bakery again, and do whatever you had to in order to avoid seeing Muffet. 

You groaned and plopped onto your bed, your anger slowly ebbing away into disappointment.

 You turned your head to the alarm clock that read 8:56am. You're shift at Muffet's would normally start at 9am on any normal Friday, but you no longer had to worry about it. You sigh in defeat thinking about the bills you had to pay. 

Maybe you could ask Muffet for your job back, tell her it was an accident. 

...

Who were you kidding! You didn't need that job! Working there didn't matter to you that much! You'd get a new job, a better job! 

You nodded in determination, immediately getting up to change. 

This was not going to ruin your day, you would be able to get a job easily, ever since the monsters came above ground and began opening businesses there seemed to always be "Now Hiring" signs in front of the new establishments. 

So maybe Muffet fired you, but you'd get hired somewhere else, you were sure of it. 

You snatched your bag and phone, tied your (h/l)(h/c) hair into a ponytail, walked outside of your little house, locked the door, and strode down the sidewalk, prepared to (if necessary) sweet talk your way into a new job.