Chapter 7; Embarrassed

You broke the kiss with Grillby, jumping back and quickly trying to readjust your uniform and your hair, Grillby looking just as embarrassed to be caught as you were. 

You slowly glanced up at the door, praying that Fuku hadn't come early.

"Well, well, well, (y/n). I was worried when you took so long to show Grillbz the uniform, but it seems to me that he likes it a lot, really had to make sure it fit on ya just right."

Sans.

Of course.

As your ability to speak seemed nonexistent, Grillby spoke up and slowly regained his ironically cool composure.

"Well as I'm sure you've noticed Sans, it fits her quite well and is very flattering to her appearance."

He took an embarrassed look at you and continued a little hastily,

"B-but if you'd prefer something else I am more than capable of getting a different uniform for you."

You smiled sheepishly at him, hoping that the blush on your cheeks wasn't as visible as it felt.

"I actually really do like it and it's extremely kind of you to say that you do as well."

You glanced at Sans and his slightly bewildered expression. 

"Well I'm gonna go back out there and let you two crazy kids continue your love fest."

Before either of you could protest, Sans had walked out of the door, leaving only a slightly awkward feeling in the air. 

You turned to Grillby who was already looking at you with the same lustful look he'd had just minutes before. 

Except this time he was definitely holding back.

Grillby nervously rubbed the back of his neck and barely met your eyes.

"I should go give out refills and take orders."

He turned to leave then stopped, looking back at you with a quirky smile.

"If you'd like to, I'd very much appreciate some help waiting tables."

You felt the corners up your lips turn up and a happy light feeling resounding in your chest.

"I'd be honored to be a help Grillby."

With that, you walked to the door and gave him a playful peck on the lips before walking out. You turned around and saw his face upturned in a goofy grin and his orange flames dusted with blue just as the door swung shut.

(I won't be doing this POV change a lot but tell me if you like it!)

{Grillby's POV}

"Well I'm gonna go back out there and let you two crazy kids continue your love fest."

I felt my flames grow hotter when I looked at (y/n), wanting to recreate the moment we had just a few minutes ago.

But I wasn't sure if I should, and I felt that the timing just wasn't right.

Suddenly I was lost in my thoughts at the realization that I had in fact kissed (y/n). 

'Wait did I actually kiss (y/n)????????'

And then the bigger factor that shocked me even more.

'Did (y/n) really kiss me back??!!?'

It was all a lot to take in, and I realized what had started as a subtle liking to (y/n) had grown into a crush and was now slowly taking on a bigger role in my life.

A small fire of jealousy would tinge me whenever she laughed with Sans, and just looking into her eyes made my flames dance with joy.

Already just her company had seemed like it would be enough to make me happy, but after that kiss I knew that I wouldn't be able to get her off of my mind.

I shook myself out of my thoughts and embarrassingly scratched the back of my neck, completely avoiding eye contact with (y/n).

"I should go give out refills and take orders."

I began to walk out, but then had an idea and spun around to ask it.

"If you'd like to, I'd very much appreciate some help waiting tables."

My heart felt light when I saw (y/n) smile at the request.

"I'd be honored to be a help Grillby."

(y/n) walked towards the door and gave me a quick peck on the lips before walking out, leaving me a blushing mess holding a goofy grin.

I had a thousand thoughts on my mind but it all seemed a little less important now as I tried to think of something cute and flirty to do to get (y/n)'s attention.

Then my flames perked up as I got an idea, a sneaky smile on my lips as I walked out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys are liking the story so far! Tell me what you thought of the POV change so that I know if it should happen more often :D

Love you guys!

~Reese

(This has been edited :3)