Chapter 9; The Talking Toaster

(There will once again be names before dialogue in this chapter just due to the amount of characters. Hope you all enjoy! :3)

Your head zipped to the front entrance as a rectangle on wheels that you recognized as the first, if not only, monster star, Mettaton made his way to the table you, Frisk, Papyrus, Sans, and Grillby were surrounding.

All of the patrons in the restaurant looked at the toaster and then promptly proceeded to roll their eyes. Apparently they didn't get very star struck.

Mettaton: "~HELLO MY DARLING PAPYRUS~YOU LEFT SO EARLY THIS MORNING I THOUGHT THAT PERHAPS YOU HADN'T ENJOYED LAST NIGHT~"

You quickly snapped your vision to a very orange Papyrus in pure shock. Mettaton hadn't said exclusively what had gone on last night between them, but between Papyrus' blush and Mettaton's purposely seductive voice, it didn't take much to guess.

Papyrus: "N-NO METTATON! I ENJOYED OUR TIME TOGETHER LAST NIGHT A LOT! BUT I HAD TOLD YOU EARLIER THAT I HAD A BREAKFAST PLAN WITH SANS, UNDYNE AND FRISK!"

A light glow attracted your attention and you noticed a more-than-slightly pissed off Sans beside you. His eye was glowing a mesmerizing blue that screamed extremely dangerous. Your attention on the conversation wavered and you focused on Sans.

Y/N: "Uh... hey Sans...?"

Sans turned towards you, his hostile look still plastered on his face. Through gritted teeth he murmured;

Sans: "What."

You were a little taken aback by his attitude that had gone from laid back to pissed off in a matter of minutes.

Grillby put a hand on your shoulder and frowned at Sans.

Grillby: "Sans, I don't like that tone...."

Sans either didn't hear him or didn't acknowledge what Grillby had said and you continued.

Y/N: "Why are you so blue? Is your eye supposed to glow like that?"

Sans didn't even attempt to laugh at your pun and gave you the most fake smile you'd ever seen and responded in a voice tinged with hatred.

Sans: "Only when specific assholes show up."

He gave Mettaton a death stare as the rectangle continued to have small talk with Papyrus and made him laugh.

So Sans wasn't a fan of Mettaton.

But his brother seemed to think differently.

Papyrus: "...YES I LOVE YOU TOO DEAREST AND I'LL BE HOME SOON, I PROMISE."

Mettaton leaned over and whispered something into his ear-

-(wait does he have ears? What do you call it on a skeleton... anyways)-

Papyrus blushed a dark orange and cleared his voice before addressing the rest of us.

 Papyrus: "I-I UH SHOULD BE GETTING HOME NOW! I'LL SEE YOU ALL SOON!"

Papyrus turned around right before walking out the door with Mettaton.

Papyrus: "IT WAS SO NICE TO MEET YOU Y/N!!"

You didn't even get to say goodbye before they were gone.

Sans groaned and sighed once they left.

Sans: "I'm real sorry guys, Mettaton is a pain in the ass and now I have to go babysit to make sure that everything is rated G."

With that, he grabbed Frisk's hand and was gone in the blink go an eye.

From behind you, Grillby put his hands on your back and whispered into your ear,

Grillby: "Would you mind coming into the back with me? There's something that we need to... discuss."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not super long or super short, hope you all like the new chapter! Tell me in the comments if I should maybe do a lemon......? Idk we'll see.

Love you guys!!

~Reese

:3