TWENTY TWO

Eleanor watched Brian as he worked on taking apart the car, Mia sitting beside her reading a book she had brought with her

Eleanor watched Brian as he worked on taking apart the car, Mia sitting beside her reading a book she had brought with her. Eleanor smiled as she looked down to him. "Brian."

"Hm?" He mumbled, looking up at her.

"I have something I have to tell you."

In the corner of her eye, Eleanor saw Mia stop reading and slowly look to her. Before she could even get the words out, Vince burst into the room. "God damn. What a mess!"

Brian was quick to stand up in front of Eleanor, his body tensing. Eleanor reached forward and grabbed his hand, running her thumb along his knuckles. "Where you been, man?"

"You better check that tone." Vince glared at him.

"And you just better answer the goddamn question." Brian stated as he grew angrier and more suspicious.

Eleanor and Mia both quickly got in the middle of them. "Stop it."

"Both of you." Mia added, her hands on Vince's shoulders while Eleanor placed her hands on Brian's chest.

Mia glanced back to Eleanor and they shared a look, preparing for the slew of whatever shit Vince was going to say. Dom came over to them and stood in front of Vince. "Where were you, Vince?"

Mia stepped back to stand beside Brian as Vince spoke. "Guys all over the favelas asking about you." He explained. "Couldn't get out of there without leading them straight to you. Had to wait 'em out."

Brian looked down at Eleanor in disbelief, Eleanor mirroring his expression. "That is such horseshit." Brian accused. "That was your job, and those were your guys!"

Eleanor stepped back as Brian angrily charged at Vince who yelled out in anger. Dom shoved Vince back as Eleanor grabbed Brian's arm. "Hey! Enough, O'Connor! If he said he didn't do, he didn't do it. Go walk it off."

Brian left and Eleanor shook her head angrily. She glared at both her brother and Vince before turning on her heel and storming out of the room. Mia held a hand up to her brother and shook her head at him before following after her sister.

Eleanor rubbed her eyes tiredly and glanced over to see Brian already looking at her. At the sound of people yelling, the two sat up in the bed they were sleeping in. Eleanor grabbed one of Brian's shirts and pulled it over her head as they got up and left the room, heading back towards the main room. Mia came out from her room with messy hair and tired eyes. She had obviously been asleep before getting awoken by all the yelling.

Brian grabbed Eleanor's hand and held onto it tightly as they approached the room. "Ellie and Mia were on that train." They heard Dom say. "My sisters!"