ELEVEN

F I V E   Y E A R S   L A T E R

It had been five years since the events had taken place on the day the Toretto family was torn apart. Five years since Jesse died. Five years since they had seen Leon and Vince. Five years since they last saw Dom since he was on the run. And five years since Eleanor had last seen her ex boyfriend; Brian.

Mia had finished college and Eleanor was working a multitude of jobs in order to provide for them. She kept her promise in looking after Mia and being strong for her. Letty had returned after a year of being away, but they hadn't seen her for a few weeks now. "Night E!" Mia called from the top of the stairs.

"Night sis!" Eleanor hollered back as she continued to put away the dishes the two had washed together before Eleanor had forced the younger girl to go to bed.

The phone suddenly started to ring and Eleanor furrowed her eyebrows. Who the fuck calls someone at two thirty in the morning? A sigh left her lips as she set the glass down and made her way towards the ringing phone. "Hello?"

"May I speak with Ms Eleanor Toretto please?"

"This is she." Eleanor replied, leaning her back against the counter.

A short sigh came from the other end before the woman spoke once more. "Ms Toretto, I'm afraid I have some bad news. It's about Leticia Ortiz."

"What happened?" Eleanor asked worriedly, her heart starting to beat faster.

"I'm so sorry but she died." The woman replied and Eleanor felt the air leave her lungs. "I'm very sorry for your loss."

Eleanor froze in her spot, her breathing hitching in her throat. "Um," She cleared her throat as tears welled in her eyes. "Thank you." She stammered out before hanging up, the phone slipping through her fingers and clattering onto the ground, the brunette gasping out. Tears poured out of her eyes as Eleanor shakily slid to the floor, her throat closing up. How could Letty be dead?

Eleanor stayed there for a few minutes, silently crying into her arms before she got to her feet, leaving the kitchen as it was as she headed up the stairs and towards her sister's room. The brunette sighed as she stood in front of the closed door, wiping at her cheeks before slowly opening the door. 

Mia turned around in her bed and blinked up at her older sister in confusion as Eleanor walked over and switched on the lamp beside Mia's bed. "El? What's wrong?" Eleanor cleared her throat and sat down on the bed, Mia pushing herself up, crossing her legs as she sat beside her sister. Mia felt herself grow more panicked as she noticed Eleanor's red eyes and tear streaks. "What happened?" Eleanor sighed shakily as a fresh batch of tears rolled down her cheeks. "El?"