"Are you kidding me? Lucy's there. My mate will kill all the buffalos if Alexis doesn't want to," Breydon added, narrowing his eyes at Matthew.

I rolled my eyes as the two had a staredown.

Were they seriously arguing about whose mate was the better warrior? 

My mate was obviously better, but I didn't say it aloud. I was too worried about the injuries she may have when she returned.

"It's already been an hour. How much longer do you think they'll take?" Devin asked, looking through the window that overlooked the valley.

"Who knows? They're women after all. They have to make sure they don't chip a nail while they pull the horns off of humongous creatures. Not to mention that all of them were wearing heels."

"Care to repeat that, Breydon?"

I let out a quiet sigh of relief as I heard the clicking of heels against the hardwood floor, signaling that the group had returned. Lucy stomped into the living room unceremoniously and glared at Breydon, who looked a bit pale. 

"H–hi baby," he stuttered, looking at the rest of us for help. I shook my head and decided to leave him to my sister's wrath before turning to Alexis. 

She looked badass and stunning at the same time. Her hair was slightly ruffled, giving her this sexy bedhead look and her clothes had some smudges on them like she had fallen into the dirt a few times. Thankfully, she didn't seem to be injured anywhere.

My wolf licked his lips as he eyed our mate. 

Yummy.

What do you mean by 'yummy'? Our mate isn't a snack.

Well, she could be if you ate her–

Forget I asked.

Pussy.

What?

Nothing. Mate is beautiful.

I rolled my eyes at his save.

"You're such a pain in my ass, Breydon!"

"Don't worry, baby. We can just add more lubricant."

It was dead silent after he said that.

"Ahem."

Breydon looked like a deer-in-the-headlights when he saw my dad standing there with a murderous glare on his face.

"I mean, um, how about some c-cake, yeah cake, baby? 

Before she could reply, he grabbed her hand and practically ran out of the room. My mom clucked her tongue, "Those two need to mate."

My dad stared at her in horror, "Dorothy!"

She shrugged and turned to Alexis, "Great job, dear. You picked some good buffalo. Caitlyn is thrilled with how much meat there is on their bones."

"It was hard to find them, but Lacey here apparently has better eyes than a wolf."

Lacey blushed and snuggled closer to Matthew as he kissed the top of her hair, "It was nothing. I did a lot of hunting back home."

I cleared my throat, "I don't mean to interrupt this extremely important conversation, but I'm going to borrow Alexis. We have a few things to discuss as new leaders."

I pulled Alexis out of the room as they started a new discussion about buffalo recipes. Once we were safely locked away in my room, I pulled her into my arms.