Chapter 10: End of the Beginning

(Y/N)'s POV:

I stood a top a building, watching the entire city.

(Y/N): "Vale has changed quite a bit since the last time that I was here." My attention was suddenly directed to below as the girls had been searching for Blake.

Ruby: "Blaaaake!"

Yang: "Blaaaake!"

I follow them from above, but I already know where Blake is due to my aura sensing ability. I think it would be best for Weiss and her to be separated a little bit longer.

Ruby: "Blaaaaaaaake! Where aaaare yoooouuuu!?"

Yang: "Blake!"

Ruby: "Weiiiiss, you're not helping!"

Weiss: "Oh! You know what might be able to help? The police!" I smack myself in the head.

(Y/N): "Oh Weiss! You amaze me sometimes."

Ruby: "Ugh, Weiss . . ."

Weiss: "It was just an idea!"

Ruby: "Yeah, a bad one."

Yang: "Weiss, I think we should hear her side of the story before we jump to any conclusions."

Weiss: "I think that when we hear it, you'll all realize I was right!"

Penny: "And I think Weiss' hair looks wonderful today!" I put my hand on my sword just in case she posed any threat. How am I not able to sense her? She should have aura, even if it is a trace amount. Unless . . .

Ruby: "Aaaah! Penny! Where did you come from!?"

Penny: "Hey guys! What are you up to?"

Ruby: "Uhh . . ."

Yang: "We're looking for our friend Blake."

Penny: "Ooooh, you mean the Faunus girl!"

Ruby, Weiss, and Yang stare at Penny.

Ruby: "Wait, how did you know that?"

Penny: "Uhh, the cat ears?" (points to her head)

Yang: (laughing a little) "What cat ears? She wears a... boooohhh..."

The realization leaves them in silence as a tumbleweed blows through in the wind.

Ruby: (whispering) "She does like tuna a lot..."

Penny: "So, where is she?"

Ruby: "We don't know. She's been missing since Friday."

Penny: "That's terrible! Well, don't you worry Ruby, my friend! I won't rest until we find your teammate!"

Ruby: "Uh, that's really nice of you, Penny, but we're okay! Really! Right, guys?"

She looks over Penny to direct her question at Yang and Weiss, but they had already left.

(Y/N): "Sorry Ruby. I'll have to leave things in your hands right now." I focus on finding Weiss' aura and see that she has not gone very far with Yang. I follow in pursuit and reach them only to find that they were having a conversation of their own.

Yang: "Weiss, I get you have issues with the white fang, but I think we all know Blake isn't like that."

Weiss: "Then why did she run?" I jumped down from the building and landed in front of them, making them jump back in surprise.

Weiss: "(Y/N)! You scared me."

Yang: "Did you find her?!" I put my hand up to silence her.

(Y/N): "Weiss . . . Yang is right."