Chapter 3: Not a Hero

(Y/N)'s POV:

No. She's wrong about me. I'm no hero. I thought I had made that clear to everyone when I talked with that old man. I was never a hero. Just a killer who was good at his job. 

Weiss: "(Y/N)? What's wrong?" I glance at her but shift my gaze back out of the window, staring at the horizon.

(Y/N): "It's nothing. We'll be arriving soon." She begins to gather the smaller things that she can carry as attendants and crew members rushed around to ensure our safe arrival. I notice another giant transport that was going in for a landing. It must be the other initiates. We landed and I walked out to take in the scenery. It was quite impressive. Much bigger than I had originally remembered it. I took in a deep breath. Something seems off, I sense . . . the season of fall? It must be my imagination.

I turn around and see Weiss coming out with the flight attendants, carrying her luggage. There was quite a bit of stuff. Honestly, it surprises me every time, even though I had worked for the Schnees for all my life.

(Y/N): "Is there anything else in the bullhead, master?" She seemed annoyed that I called her master.

Weiss: "Okay (Y/N), I don't know why this ever occurred to me, I'm such a dunce, but we should establish some ground rules. Rule one: Don't call me master, just Weiss is fine. Rule two: don't go out of your way to defend me. I can defend myself. Finally rule three . . ." She seemed to be at a loss for words at this one.

(Y/N): "Ma - I mean Weiss, is there a rule three?"

Weiss: "O-of course there is. It's uh . . ." She thinks for a couple seconds, and it seems a light bulb goes on in her head. She is about to say it, but her face begins to turn red.

(Y/N): "Weiss? Is something wrong?" I immediately put my hand on here forehead, checking her temperature. She seemed fine.

Weiss (blushing): "No-nothings wrong. I-I-" She began looking down and fidgeting with her hands.

Weiss (blushing): "N-never change who you are." She says in a soft voice. This puzzles me. Why would I change? I decide not to dive to deep into it.

(Y/N): "Alright Weiss. I accept the terms of our contract." I see her look up and smile

Weiss: "You know you don't have to be so formal with me. You can lighten up a little you dunce."

(Y/N): "Fine fine. Thank god I don't have to keep up that stupid facade anymore." She looks at me surprised.

Weiss: "Where did you learn to talk like that?"

(Y/N): "What are you talking about, I've always been able to talk like this. Didn't you hear my conversation with the old man?"

Weiss: "Whatever, let's just go find the auditorium." I then walk with her as luggage follows. We soon stop as Weiss takes time to take a look at her scroll to find the auditorium. Then a girl in a red hood tumbled into the luggage, enraging Weiss.

Weiss: "What are you doing?!"

Red: "Uh, sorry!"

Weiss: "Sorry?! Do you have any idea of the damage you could have caused?"

Red: "Uuhhh..."

Weiss: "Give me that! This is Dust - mined and purified from the Schnee quarry!"

Red: "Uuuhhhh. . ."

Weiss: "What are you, brain-dead? Dust! Fire, water, lightning, energy!"

Red: "I . . . I know. . ." She begins to cough as dust gets in her face.