Chapter 8: Do You Remember Love?

(Y/N)'s POV:

(Y/N): "Weiss, how is this necessary for preparing for the Vytal Festival?"I said as I was carrying all of her bags from various stores in Vale.

Weiss: "It's important for a huntress to not only prepare physically and mentally, but it is also necessary that she is allowed to unravel and relieve any stress."

(Y/N): "You realize you are just talking about yourself. There's no need to talk in third person." She then stops and spins around to face me.

Weiss: "I'm not the only one that needs to destress. You've done far more than your fair share of work, protecting me. I figured I should reward you." She then continued walking ahead as I continued to follow.

(Y/N): "By allowing me to spend a day in the city with you? That's the way you had put it earlier, did you not?"

Weiss: "Is that a problem?"

(Y/N): "Aside from making me carry all of your bags, it sure sounds a lot like you've taking me out a date to me." She then stops dead in her tracks, but this time she doesn't turn around.

Weiss (blushing): "I-I have n-no clue what y-you're referring to."

(Y/N): "Come on Weiss. It's not like I haven't gone on a date before." I said jokingly to her. She then quickly turned around.

Weiss (blushing): "WHAT?!" She then slapped me hard, making me drop her things.

(Y/N): "Wha-"

Weiss (blushing): "You pig!" She then turned and ran away from me.

Weiss' POV:

Once I felt I had distanced myself, I caught my breath. Why did I run away from him? I rubbed my head feeling my own inner turmoil. I took a look around and saw that I was in the middle of a park. I took a seat at an empty bench to gather my thoughts. Why can't I just tell him how I feel?

Weiss: "Ugh! There's no way he would fall for someone like me!"

???: "And why is that dear?" I suddenly jumped from this voice. I quickly turned and found an elderly woman standing there before me.

Weiss: "Wh-who are you?" She simply laughed when I asked this.

Elderly Lady: "Just an old lady going out on a walk. Mind if I sit here?"

Weiss: "Not at all." She then sat down and motioned for me to sit next to her. I obliged her request, not wanting to disrespect her.

Elderly Lady: "So . . . Who is this boy that your so in love with?" Her blatant statement surprised me and caused me to heat up.

Weiss (blushing): "W-Well it's a little complicated, but he's actually my . . . my butler." How else was I supposed to put it. I could already feel the judgement coming, and I remained silent. However, it never came.

Elderly lady: "Is that all there is to it? There must be more. Please don't leave me hanging."

Weiss: "Well in reality, I . . . We had met each other not too long ago. Actually, he came for me when I had no one else was there to save me. You probably won't believe me, but he literally just appeared from thin air, like my very own knight in shining armor. I won't lie, I was a bit frightened wen he first showed up, but I was really happy he did. Heheh, I guess I have a funny way of showing it though. I'm not exactly . . . the nicest person to him, much less to others. I yelled at him, I hit him, but no matter what he did everything I said without question. I guess that really isn't much of a relationship, isn't it? Well I guess what I'm really saying is. I love him, but I'm afraid that he doesn't feel the same way." The elderly lady remains silent.