Chapter 41

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1x11

Out of Sight, Out of Mind Part 2

~

-Timeskip-

Aurora POV

We were in the cafeteria it was time for lunch as we talked about what Buffy and I had seen in the boy's locker room.

"'Look'? That's all it said?" Willow questioned.

"Look at what? Look at Mitch?" Xander questioned.

"Maybe. All we know is it's a message." Buffy responded.

"And..." Kate and Xander replied.

"Ah, here you are," Giles said as walked over to us.

"And monsters don't usually send messages. Its pretty much crush, kill, destroy. This was different." I told them.

"I'd have to say you're right," Kyra replied.

"I love it when they say that! Any theories?" Buffy questioned.

"Uh, I'm, uh, it's a bit of a puzzle, really. Um, I've never actually heard of anyone attacked by a lone baseball bat before." Giles said as he sat down.

"Maybe it's a vampire bat," Xander said as he looked everyone. "I'm alone with that one, huh?" as he saw no one responded.

"Well, assuming the bat itself is not possessed, uh, there, are a few possibilities that bear investigating. Uh, someone with telekinesis, uh, the power to move objects at will, uh, uh, an invisible, um, or possible a poltergeist." Kyra told us.

 "A ghost?" Willow questioned.

"Yes, and a very angry one," Kate replied.

Kate was lately helping Giles and Kyra with research for something. So maybe she read about them in the books.

"Yeah, I'd say. the locker room was a real scene."  I responded.

"If its a ghost, then we're talking about a dead kid," Willow said.

"I guess so. You know, why don't you compile a list of dead or missing kids? It's probably a good place to start." Buffy replied.

"And, uh, Kate, Kyra and I  will research all possibilities, ghosts included. But, uh, Xander if you're not doing anything, would you like to help me?" Giles said.

"What, so there's homework now? when did that happen?" Xander questioned.

"It's all part of the glamorous world of vampire slayage," I answered.

"Well, what part do you two have?" Xander asked Buffy and me.

"Gonna find out what I can about Mitch. This attack wasn't random." Buffy responded.

"Well, I want that part," Xander replied.

"Fine. You can do it. Ask around, talk to his friends. Talk to Cordelia!" I told him with a smile.

"Talk to Cordelia?" Xander said as he turned to Giles. "So, research, huh?"

~

-Timeskip-

Third Person

Across the campus, on the balcony, Harmony found Cordelia at the drinking fountain.