Chapter 5

Chapter 5 

Buffy the  Vampire Slayer 1x02

Harvest Part 2

~

Third Person

Back underground in the Master's lair, The master was angry about the Slayers escaping.

"They escaped? They walk free when I should be drinking their heart's blood right now? Careless..." The Master said.

"Master, we had them trapped!" the vampire said.

"Oh, are you going to make excuses?" The Master questioned as the vampire remains silent before the master continued. "You are all weak. It has been too long since you have faced the Slayer, never mind two. Huh. It is no matter to me. They will not stop the Harvest. Just means there'll be someone worth killing... when I reach the surface. Is Luke ready?"

"He waits." The vampire replied.

"It's time. Bring him to me," The Master replied as the vampire turns to go get Luke before he added. "Ah, Colin... You failed me. Tell me you're sorry." The vampire as he turned back.

"I'm sorry!" The vampire replied.

"There. That wasn't so bad, was it? Hold on..." The Master said as he stabbed his finger into Colin's face before adding. "You've got something in your eye."

~

Across town at the library where Giles and Kyra were still doing their research. They hear someone come in.

"Buffy? Aurora?" Giles and Kyra said as they looked up.

"It's just us. So there's no word?" Willow asked them.

"Ah, not as yet, no," Giles answered.

"Well, I-I'm sure they're...great," Kate replied.

"Did you find anything of interest?" Kyra questioned.

"We think, maybe... we surfed through the old newspapers around the time of that big earthquake back in '37? And for several months before there was a rash of murders." Willow answered as she and Kate handed them their printouts.

"Great! I-I mean, well, not, not 'great' in a good way, uh, um, uh, go on?" Giles said.

"Well, they sound like the kind you were looking for," Kate replied as she flipped through the pages.

"Throats, blood..." Willow said as she looked squeamish.

"It's all coming together. I rather wish it weren't." Kyra replied.

~
Back underground in the Master's lair, Luke approached the Master and knelt before him. The Master offers his hand. Luke took it and kissed it. He released it and the Master turned it over to offer the underside of his wrist. Darla was watched as she smiled. Luke opened the cuff of the Master's sleeve and pulls it back. Luke took the Master's hand again and sunk his fangs into the wrist above it and drinks the blood. He released the hand, and the Master took it back.

"My blood is your blood. My soul is your soul." The Master said.

"My body is your instrument," Luke replied as the Master steps down to Luke and began to draw a three-pointed star on Luke's forehead with the blood still flowing from his hand.

"On this... most hallowed night... we are as one. Luke is the Vessel!" The Master said as Darla's smile widened while he continued speaking. "Every soul he takes will feed me. And their souls will grant me the strength to free myself. Tonight I shall walk the Earth, and the stars themselves will hide!"