Chapter 33

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1x09 

Puppet Show Part 3

~

Aurora POV

Kate, Kyra and I were fixing our hair make-up as we got ready for our performance. Giles walked into the room where we were getting ready.

"Girls, it's time," Giles told us as we headed walked out of the room towards the left wing.

We were given our microphones and were ready for performing. We could hear the audience applause as the announcers introduced us, "Our second to last performance is Kate Lockwood, Kyra Forbes and Aurora Gilbert performing I won't say I'm in Love,"

We walked out and waited for our song to come on.

Aurora as Meg
If there's a prize for rotten judgment
I guess I've already won that
No man is worth the aggravation

Kate and Kyra as Muses (Aurora)

Try to keep it hidden
Honey, we can see right through ya (Oh nooo)
Girl, you can't conceal it
We know how you feel
And who you're thinking of

Aurora (Kate/Kyra)
No chance, no way
I won't say it, no, no
(You swoon, you sigh)
(Why deny it? Uh-oh)
It's too cliché
I won't say I'm in love

Aurora
I thought my heart had learned its lesson
It feels so good when you start out
My head is screaming "Get a grip, girl
Unless you're dying to cry your heart out"

Kate/Kyra (Aurora)
(Ohhh...)
You keep on denying
Who you are and how you're feeling
Baby, we're not buying
Hon, we saw you hit the ceiling
(Oh, no)
Face it like a grown-up
When you gonna own up
That you got, got, got it bad?

Aurora (Kate/Kyra)
No chance, no way
I won't say it, no, no
(Give up, give in)
(Check the grin; you're in love)
This scene won't play
I won't say I'm in love
(You're doin' flips)
(Read our lips: "You're in love")

You're way off base, I won't say it
Get off my case, I won't say it
(Girl, don't be proud!)
(It's okay, you're in love)

Ohhh...
At least out loud
I won't say I'm in love
(Shoo do, shoo do, shoo do, shoo do)
(Sha-la-la-la la la, ahh)

~

We finished our song as the audience clapped we bowed and headed off stage. We each took turns changing out of our performance clothes into clean clothes that we brought in our bags first was Kyra, then Kate and finally me. We soon headed out to our seats so we could watch Buffy, Xander and Willow perform. We sat and watched Xander, Willow, and Buffy doing their scene.

"Oh, ruler of my country, Oedipus, you see our company around the Altar, and I, priest of Zeus!" Willow said as I could see she was stiff with fear.

"Ha, ha! They prophesize that I should kill my father. But he is dead." Xander said as he kneels down and gestured like he grabbed a handful of dirt. "And hidden deep in the soil. But surely, I must fear my mother bed."

I could see that Buffy looked bored as she walked around Xander and Willow.

"Oh, Oedipus, Oedipus, unhappy Oedipus," Buffy said as she placed her hand on Xander's head. "that is all I can call you," as she walked back over to her place. "And all that I can ever shall call you." Buffy faced the audience.

"Darkness! And horror of darkness. Unfolding, restless, visitant, sped by an ill wind in haste." Xander said as he got back up.

I saw Willow frozen in fright. I saw Buffy turn around and roll her eyes at Xander.

"Madness, and... madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, I-ill deeds I have done." Xander stumbled over his words.

I saw Buffy nudge Willow to cue her. Only for her to run off stage and Xander and Buffy to step closer to each other. They soon followed Willow off stage and the talent show was finished.

~

After the show, we said goodnight to Giles and headed home. Kate, Kyra and I quickly headed to the kitchen to make up some goodies for tomorrow. Which took about an hour to finish and ice and place in the fridge for tomorrow. We all headed to bed to get some sleep for a new day.