Chapter 22

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1x07 

Angel Part 1 

~

Third Person

Inside the Master's lair, the anointed one was tossing stones into the pool. He took a few more from the Master's hand. Darla came into the lair.

"Zachary didn't return the hunt last night." The master said.

"The slayers," Darla replied.

"Zachary was strong, and he was careful. And still, the slayers take him... as she has taken so many of my family." The master said as he took a breath. "It wears thin. Collin, what would you do about it?"

"I'd annihilate her." The anointed one-- Collin replied.

"Out of the mouths of babes..." The master said as he inhaled.

"Let me do it, master. Let me kill her for you." Darla replied.

"you have a personal interest in this." The master said.

"I don't get to have any fun," Darla said in disappointment.

"I will the Three." The master told her.

"The Three?" Darla questioned.

~

In an alley above ground, three very tough guys were lightening up cigarettes. The three came around the corner at a steady but deliberate pace. The men see them coming and left.

At the bronze, a cockroach is being chased along the floor.

"Get it! Go get it, right there!" A boy said.

"I got it!" a girl said as she gave the roach to the bartender. "Free drink, please."

The bartender nodded his head and went to get the drink.

~

Aurora POV 

We were at the Bronze, Xander was on the dance floor. Kyra, Kate, and Buffy were at home studying or talking to our siblings in Mystic Falls.

"Ah, the fumigation party," Willow replied.

"Hmm?" I said.

"It's an annual tradition. The closing of the bronze for a few days to nuke the cockroaches?" Willow told me.

"Oh," I replied as I continued to sketch.

"it's a lot of fun... what's it like where you are?" Willow questioned.

"I'm... sorry, I was just... think about things..." I replied as I finished my sketch and looked up smiling.

"So, we're talking about a guy?" Willow questioned. 

"Not exactly a guy. For us to have a conversation about a guy, there'd have to be a guy for us to have a conversation about. Is that a sentence?" I replied.

"You lack a guy," Willow said as she smiled.

"I do. Which is fine with me, most of the time, but..." I replied.

"What about Angel?" Willow asked.

"Angel? I can just see him in a relationship. 'Hi, honey, you're in grave danger. I'll see you next month.'" I answered.

"He's not around much, it's true," Willow replied. 

"When he is around... it's like the lights dim everywhere else. You know how it's like that with some guys?" I questioned as I looked dreamily.