Chapter 16 🖤🎈

Marie Cousins P.O.V
Richie didn't talk to me all of fist period. God someone has got to talk some sense into that boy. After English class, when he tried to run away from me, I grabbed him by the arm.

"Listen we need to talk." I said.

"No we don't."

Sound familiar self?

He pulled away, and walked down the hall.

~time skip~
Beverly joined us at lunch today. But still no Richie. God I feel so bad.

"Some one ought to say something to Richie." Beverly said.

"I tried I really did." I said.

"He's probably just embarrassed." Eddie said, rubbing my hand a little bit.

Richie walked into the cafeteria, and sat down with us, but didn't talk.

"Richie can I talk to you in private?" I asked him.

"Yeah I guess."

I lead Richie into the hallway.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I just don't want to talk about it okay?"

"Richie I value you as a friend... don't just let this go away."

"So are we good?" He said while stretching out his hand.

I shook his hand and we went back into to the cafeteria and sat down with the rest of our friends. Richie still didn't make any eye contact with me, or with anyone for that matter.

~Time Skip~
Richie came with us to the quarry after school anyways. There was a giant cliff that we could jump off.

"Who's first?" Bill asked.

"We'll go!" Me and Beverly said at the same time.

She grabbed my hand, and we ran and jumped off the cliff into the water.

"That was fun." I said.

Then, one by one, everyone else jumped off the cliff. We kept laughing and splashing each other.

It was so fun. It was starting to really feel like home.

After a while, we got out of the water. Eddie found a box on the side of the quarry.

"What is it?" I asked him.

He opened the box. It was a beautiful heart necklace.

He handed it over to me. I put the necklace on.

"You look really pretty."

I gave him a peck on the lips, and we walked up to where the rest of our friends were.