Chapter 13

Authors Note: I literally haven't updated this story since 2016. Damn.
The parts Brittany sings are underlined, Santana's are bold, Rachel is italic. If that's still confusing I'll explain it more in the comments. Also, I can't really promise that there'll be more updates, but I'll try.
-Siobhan.

————-

The locker room always fills with silence the second both Santana and Brittany come into each others line of sight. At that point, everyone comes to the same conclusion: stay and witness the fight that's sure to break out, or leave as quickly and quietly as they can. If they're smart, they leave.
Most of them don't, though.
Rachel and Quinn both stood next to each other hesitantly as Brittany's eyes met Santana's, waiting to see which one will throw the first insult. Almost as if everyone had been holding their breath in anticipation, Brittany opened her mouth with a small smirk.

"RACHEL! GET YOUR ASS TO THE AUDITORIUM!"

And then she turned on her heels and left abruptly, leaving everyone with their eyes widened. Rachel stood completely still with her mouth slightly hanging open. What had just happened? Did Brittany just call her-

"NOW BERRY!"
Rachel let out a small noise of shock as she jumped, tugging a oversized gym shirt on as she ran after the team captain. She shoved the doors to the auditorium open and immediately bumped into Brittany, who was...laughing?

"Oh god it's too easy!" The blonde continued laughing as she lead Rachel to the stage, leaning against it to finally catch her breath. "The look on your and Quinn's face! God that was funny!"
"What Just" Rachel had been cut off by the door opening once again. Santana and Quinn walked in and mirrored their counter parts: Santana laughing and Quinn being completely confused. (Rachel would also say that Quinn looked pretty scared too, but the green-eyed blonde often had that expression on her face, even when she wasn't.)
"What is going on?" Rachel screamed out, snapping both Santana and Brittany out of their fits of laughter. Brittany pulled herself onto the stage and sat at the edge just as Santana leaned against it.

"We need you to join the glee club." They said together, sounding as they rehearsed it a hundred times. Quinn and Rachel shared a look before turning back to their respective captains.

"What?"

Brittany groaned before addressing Rachel."Come on Rachel, you were the one complaining about it when they disbanded the club in the first place. Plus you sing show tunes for fun-"
"And I hear you sing along to the radio every now and then, Quinn. You've got a killer voice." Everyone turned to look at Santana, giving her a look of pure shock. "What? I notice things."
"Okay," Brittany said slowly, "the point is, San and I have convinced Schuester to help bring back the club, and we need members. Having us four in the club is a great start."
"And we're all hot." Once again they all give Santana a strange look.
"Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, I'm all for the glee club getting started up again-"
"Rachel shut up and say yes." Brittany more whined out rather than commanded. It worked none the less, as Rachel slowly nodded while agreeing the join the club. Quinn, on the other hand, hadn't said anything since arriving.

"Quinn? You in?"
"This is such a bad idea." The blonde said, taking a step back and sitting in a nearby chair. She buried her face into her hands and exhaled loudly.
"No, no it's the opposite of that, it's a great idea!" Santana sat down next to Quinn, "It gives us the chance to express ourselves in song and win competitions. You always complain about not wanting to go home, glee club gives you a reason to not be there! It's a win-win!"
"It's not gonna work!" Quinn stood up and marched her way back to the doors. "No one is gonna join, that's why they disbanded it last time!"
"They actually disbanded it because Schuester was having problems at home-" Rachel interjected only to be cut off.
"It's a waste of time!"

Santana give Brittany a panicked look and the blonde stood up, walking to the center of the stage and clapping her hands together.

"I'm sorry, if I, seem uninterested" Brittany started singing, mentally cursing for this being the first song to come to her mind.
"Or I'm not listenin'"Santana sang next, her eyes focused on Brittany. Brittany smiled before continuing to sing.
"Or I'm indifferent. Truly, I ain't, go no business here but since my friends are here, I just came to kick it."
"But really I would rather be at home all by myself not in this room with people who don't even, care about my well being," Rachel joined along, seemingly understanding what Brittany was trying to do.
"I don't dance, don't ask,"
"I don't need a boyfriend,"
"So you can, go back"
"Please enjoy your party I'll be here."
"Somewhere in the corner under clouds of marijuana with this boy who's hollering I can hardly hear"
"Over this music that I don't listen to"
"And I don't wanna get with you so"
"Tell my friends that I'll be over here"
"Oh-oh-oh here, oh-oh-oh here"
"I ask myself what am I doing here?"
"Oh-oh-oh here, oh-oh-oh here."
Rachel makes her way to Quinn, who had froze in her tracks once Brittany started singing, and places her hand lightly on the blondes shoulder, giving her a knowing look. Quinn sighs and shakes her head, a smile forming on her face.
"And I can't wait til we can breakup out of here." Quinn sings out, turning to face the other girls with a huge smile. Brittany hops down and rests her arm on Santana's shoulder.

"Well...?" Santana draws out, shaking slightly from excitement. Quinn gives each of them a look and rolls her eyes.
"I'm in."